Noun(1) a body serving in an administrative capacity(2) (Christianity(3) a meeting of people for consultation
(1) A report was given on the council meeting which was attended by two members of the guild.(2) This marked the first time Ireland had served on the council since 1981.(3) He said that he had been on the council for 37 years and no issue had ever received as much consultation and debate.(4) She is scheduled to formally open the advisory council 's standing committee meeting on Thursday.(5) council chamber(6) Although nominally only an advisory body, the council 's decisions are viewed in practice as binding and ignored by the government at its own peril.(7) He said it had not been possible to find a source of substantial funding to operate the vessel and, as a result, it would place a big burden on the council .(8) A few hours after the letter was posted on the council 's Web site, someone decided to take it down.(9) Stepping up the pressure on the council , White House officials said they wanted negotiations wrapped up quickly.(10) The staffing of the facility and the ongoing monitoring and reporting costs will also represent a continuing draw on the council 's resources.(11) Call a family council at some other time to work out such problems.(12) parish council(13) He has considerable years of experience on the council ; I feel he could do an excellent job as mayor.(14) This is exactly the reason why the Jerusalem council was called or convened.(15) She has no business in a family council only open to family members.(16) Incredibly, however, many on the council still refused to admit that the whole problem was the hundred acre coal fire merrily burning beneath the town.
(1) city council :: ក្រុមប្រឹក្សាក្រុង
(2) local council :: ក្រុមប្រឹក្សាឃុំក្នុងស្រុក
(3) student council :: ក្រុមប្រឹក្សាសិស្ស
(4) state council :: ក្រុមប្រឹក្សារដ្ឋ
(5) works council :: ក្រុមប្រឹក្សាប្រព្រឹត្ដ
(6) council of ministers :: ទីស្តីការគណៈរដ្ឋមន្ត្រី
(7) privy council :: ក្រុមប្រឹក្សាផ្ទាល់
(8) legislative council :: ក្រុមប្រឹក្សានីតិបញ្ញត្តិ
(9) council chamber :: បន្ទប់ក្រុមប្រឹក្សា
1. local authority ::
2. advisory body ::
3. meeting ::
council, councilor, councilors, councils
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The Council has a reputation
for serving past Hands poorly.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
Trystane will take his place
on the Small Council.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 9
So if I wanted to attend a COUNCIL meeting,
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 7
- Your Grace...
- The COUNCIL has determined
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Khmer Dictionary: council
Meaning and definitions of council, translation in Khmer language for council with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of council in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "council"
What council means in Khmer, council meaning
in Khmer, council definition, examples and pronunciation
of council in Khmer language.