Noun(1) a feeling of sympathy and sorrow for the misfortunes of others(2) an unfortunate development(3) the humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it
Verb(1) share the suffering of
(1) Isn't it an awful pity Mick O Dwyer wasn't born in Sligo.(2) Clare didn't know whether to envy or pity them(3) Feeling pity for the little boy she shoved a few coins into his hand.(4) You're feeling pity for a creature that would sneer at the concept if she understood it.(5) With the luck they've had, this bunch deserves some pity .(6) What a real pity - I was looking forward to meeting him.(7) They have no idea of their future here and I feel great pity for their innocence.(8) While we offer thanks to all, we would respectfully ask for no one to feel pity or sorrow for our loss.(9) It would be a pity to pretend that there are no regrets and that ending a marriage hardly matters.(10) We have a great chance to beat Westmeath and it would be a pity if there were only a small crowd from Carlow to see it.(11) He had no pity , no compassion, no understanding of what the victims of war suffered.(12) It would be a pity if they were to throw away the opportunity at this stage.(13) what a pity we can't be friends(14) He looked down at his shoes, feeling pity for the poor girl.(15) "It would be an awful pity if there were objections.(16) her voice was full of pity
(1) what a pity :: អ្វីដែលជាការអាណិតមួយ
(2) it's a pity :: វាជាការអាណិតមួយ
(3) it is a pity :: វាពិតជាគួរអោយអាណិតណាស់
(4) self-pity :: អាណិតខ្លួនឯង
(5) have pity :: មានការអាណិត
(6) feel pity :: មានអារម្មណ៍អាណិត
(7) take pity :: សូមអាណិត
1. compassion ::
2. shame ::
4. feel sorry for ::
5. feel for ::
pities, pity, pitying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
"I PITY the fool who's illogical."
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
And PITY the miner
That mines my poor bones
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
Pity, what happened to him,
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 5
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
I PITY the lords of Westeros.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
English to Khmer Dictionary: pity
Meaning and definitions of pity, translation in Khmer language for pity with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pity in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pity"
What pity means in Khmer, pity meaning in Khmer, pity definition, examples and pronunciation of pity in Khmer language.