Noun(1) the opposition or dissimilarity of things that are compared(2) the act of distinguishing by comparing differences(3) a conceptual separation or distinction(4) the perceptual effect of the juxtaposition of very different colors(5) the range of optical density and tone on a photographic negative or print (or the extent to which adjacent areas on a television screen differ in brightness
Verb(1) put in opposition to show or emphasize differences(2) to show differences when compared; be different
(1) These textures appear to have been chosen, in part, as a contrast to the sonic qualities of the sampled acoustic piano.(2) A slight contrast in colors and fitted lines will flatter you endlessly.(3) I add one drop of the various percentage solutions depending on the amount of contrast I wish to add.(4) We now see it as a place of environmental damage and chronic water problems, in contrast to earlier generations, who saw it in a more romantic guise.(5) The hotel is of a modern design, but conforming to the environment in that it does not present an immediate contrast to its surroundings.(6) Sometimes I purposely overexpose, then bleach, in order to increase contrast .(7) Richard Ashton has appeared in Jack And The Beanstalk already this year, but what a contrast to this winter's pantomime engagement at York Theatre Royal.(8) I will compare and contrast the California and Iran earthquakes in a future post.(9) The material and the production technology have been optimized to heighten contrast and achieve brilliance.(10) Every room had just the right contrast of color and furniture.(11) Males and females appear similar, but males are brighter with more contrast in color on the head.(12) To generate hypotheses about mechanisms in humans, one must compare and contrast different lead exposure and dose measures.(13) the castle is quite a contrast to other places where the singer has performed(14) Walking to the station on Wednesday morning, the sky was a brilliant, vibrant blue, the grass an almost unnaturally intense green and the white blossom a stark contrast to it all.(15) And the community itself seems locked in a time capsule - a complete contrast to the lifestyle of bustling neighbour, Amsterdam.(16) It was also associated with the domestic, in contrast to the male, and very public, associations of coffee and coffeehouses.
(1) in contrast :: ផ្ទុយមកវិញ
(2) by contrast :: ផ្ទុយទៅវិញ
(3) in contrast to :: ផ្ទុយទៅនឹងការ
(4) in contrast with :: ផ្ទុយជាមួយ
(5) sharp contrast :: ផ្ទុយស្រឡះ
(6) comparison and contrast :: ប្រៀបធៀបនិងការផ្ទុយ
(7) contrast medium :: មធ្យមផ្ទុយ
(8) contrast with :: ផ្ទុយជាមួយ
(9) contrast agent :: ភ្នាក់ងារផ្ទុយ
(10) phase contrast :: ផ្ទុយដំណាក់កាល
1. difference ::
2. opposite ::
3. direct contrast ::
4. dividing line ::
5. differ from ::
7. counterpoint ::
1. compare ::
2. match ::
contrast, contrasted, contrasting, contrasts
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Although the high CONTRAST
of zebra stripes
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
Did you change the CONTRAST
or brightness settings on the television?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
English to Khmer Dictionary: contrast
Meaning and definitions of contrast, translation in Khmer language for contrast with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of contrast in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "contrast"
What contrast means in Khmer, contrast meaning in Khmer, contrast definition, examples and pronunciation of contrast in Khmer language.