Noun(1) something (as property, the trustee, the beneficiary(2) certainty based on past experience(3) the trait of believing in the honesty and reliability of others(4) a consortium of independent organizations formed to limit competition by controlling the production and distribution of a product or service(5) complete confidence in a person or plan etc(6) a trustful relationship
Verb(1) have confidence or faith in(2) allow without fear(3) be confident about something(4) expect and wish(5) confer a trust upon(6) (chiefly archaic
(1) we could trust her to get the job done(2) A limited company formed by a charitable trust founded by a consortium of scientists and growers which has been renting the site is now close to clinching a deal to buy it.(3) I was devastated - I had held positions of trust before my retirement.(4) they have been able to win the trust of the others(5) Of course, reliance on credit and trust posed its dangers, exposing the economy to financial collapse as in 1847 and 1866.(6) Client belief and trust in the therapist was considered to be about equal from both perspectives.(7) Vetting is carried out on all personnel who apply for positions of trust , including working with children and vulnerable adults.(8) a trust was set up(9) I trust that he will have no hesitation in confirming that he will make every attempt to keep his own expense claims on the taxpayer down to the necessary minimum.(10) the property is to be held in trust for his son(11) There's life in Munster yet, even if we are taking it more on trust than on hard evidence.(12) The hard truth is that we cannot trust our own abilities to bring about the kind of faith that transforms our lives.(13) It was explained that as a policeman I held a position of trust .(14) First, that the complainant reposed trust and confidence in the other party, or the other party acquired ascendancy over the complainant.(15) She says it's looked upon even more seriously in a legal sense when it occurs within a position of trust , for example, between a coach and an athlete.(16) They had all lost the ability to trust anyone besides themselves.
(1) to trust :: ជឿជាក់
(2) trust in :: ការជឿទុកចិត្តនៅ
(3) trust fund :: មូលនិធិ
(4) mutual trust :: ការជឿទុកចិត្តគ្នាទៅវិញទៅ
(5) breach of trust :: រំលោភលើសេចក្តីទុកចិត្ត
(6) investment trust :: ការជឿទុកចិត្តការវិនិយោគ
(7) trust account :: គណនីជឿទុកចិត្ត
(8) brain trust :: ការជឿទុកចិត្តខួរក្បាល
(9) blind trust :: ការជឿទុកចិត្តពិការភ្នែក
1. confidence ::
2. responsibility ::
3. safekeeping ::
4. combine ::
6. reliance ::
7. faith ::
8. put one's trust in ::
9. rely on ::
10. hope ::
11. entrust ::
12. believe ::
13. swear ::
1. distrust ::
2. mistrust ::
antitrust, trust, trusted, trustful, trusties, trusting, trusts, trusty
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
you know what these men are.
How can you TRUST them?
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 4
You probably don't entirely TRUST me.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
your confidence and your TRUST,
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
She thinks I was an idiot
to TRUST you.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
Almost as rare as those in whom I can TRUST.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 2
English to Khmer Dictionary: trust
Meaning and definitions of trust, translation in Khmer language for trust with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of trust in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "trust"
What trust means in Khmer, trust meaning in Khmer, trust definition, examples and pronunciation of trust in Khmer language.