Noun(1) the power or capacity of an organism to tolerate unfavorable environmental conditions(2) a disposition to allow freedom of choice and behavior(3) the act of tolerating something(4) willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others(5) a permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
(1) The only set-back is that Mrs Lee is developing a tolerance to the medication and she has to keep increasing her doses.(2) We are fortunate to experience good religious tolerance in our town, but sadly, your report is more likely to hinder than assist our efforts.(3) He wants a modernist, liberal Pakistan in which there is religious tolerance and respect for the law.(4) Initially, a drug abuser is prescribed slowly increasing amounts of methadone to increase tolerance to the drug.(5) Little did I understand that by trying to educate my colleagues about the need for religious tolerance , I was encouraging them to suspect me.(6) Users who have recently left prison are most at risk, as their tolerance to drugs has been lost while inside.(7) The glasshouse experiment aimed to rank the cultivars according to their dehydration tolerance .(8) Users build up a tremendous tolerance to the drug and it is very expensive, so it can lead to crime if someone gets a serious habit.(9) Prior exposure to heat-shock temperatures has been shown to increase the tolerance of sensitive tissue to subsequent chilling.(10) The decrease in lean body mass associated with aging results in decreased tolerance to alcohol.(11) The coroner concluded that his tolerance to the drug had probably fluctuated which meant his body could not cope with it.(12) But there is a third position, beyond religious fundamentalism and liberal tolerance .(13) Good things automatically meet with approval; bad things test our ability to show tolerance .(14) This grain is grown in arid and semiarid regions of the world due to its unusual tolerance to adverse environments.(15) Winter rye is usually used as a winter cover crop because of its tolerance to adverse growing environments.(16) the desert camel shows the greatest tolerance to dehydration
(1) zero tolerance :: គ្មានការអត់ឱន
(2) risk tolerance :: ការអត់ឱនហានិភ័យ
(3) margin tolerance :: ការអត់ឱនរឹម
(4) tolerance level :: កម្រិតនៃការអត់ឱន
(5) religious tolerance :: ការអត់ឱនផ្នែកសាសនា
1. acceptance ::
2. endurance of ::
3. leeway ::
1. impatience ::
intolerance, tolerance, tolerances
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You'll find there's little TOLERANCE for
flesh peddlers in the new King's Landing.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 6
Perhaps Highgarden has a high
TOLERANCE for unnatural behavior.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
English to Khmer Dictionary: tolerance
Meaning and definitions of tolerance, translation in Khmer language for tolerance with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tolerance in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tolerance"
What tolerance means in Khmer, tolerance meaning in Khmer, tolerance definition, examples and pronunciation of tolerance in Khmer language.