Adjective(1) marked by absence of sound(2) failing to speak or communicate etc when expected to(3) implied by or inferred from actions or statements(4) not made to sound(5) having a frequency below or above the range of human audibility(6) unable to speak because of hereditary deafness
(1) Keirah was silent , confusion written all over her pretty face.(2) Fann's 5th-grade child has often written down Chou's name in silent reminiscence.(3) Charles was silent for a moment as if lost in thought.(4) The initial letter in Bart Goor's surname is silent .(5) The house was dead silent , the only sound Piper's feet on the stairs.(6) Writing in the New York Times, Marin speaks out for the silent minority of men who wait in hope for the patter of tiny feet.(7) The courtyard was silent except for the sound of falling water, the fountain and the rain.(8) First, the Justices said that the statute is not truly silent with respect to mental state.(9) Mikah, dragged out of the room and into the hallway before he had time to protest, kept his doubts silent .(10) This long-time silent passenger was now speaking with knowledge and authority.(11) After a moment of silent contemplation I realised that he was whispering my name.(12) Arlan took the hint and fell silent on the subject until another time.(13) She knew that this wasn't the safest thing in the world to do, but after saying a quick, silent prayer, she felt much more relaxed and safe.(14) Another intriguing tidbit concerns the gakudan, the musical group that accompanied silent films.(15) The approach to Broad Street was silent but for the sound of a beating drum.(16) When we are silent in the face of accusation, the public sees us as guilty.
(1) keep silent :: រក្សាភាពស្ងៀមស្ងាត់
(2) remain silent :: នៅស្ងៀម
(3) silent film :: ខ្សែភាពយន្តស្ងាត់
(4) silent partner :: ដៃគូស្ងៀម
(5) silent tears :: ទឹកភ្នែកស្ងៀម
(6) silent auction :: ការលក់ដេញថ្លៃស្ងៀម
(7) silent night :: យប់ដ៏ស្ងប់ស្ងាត់
(8) silent treatment :: ការព្យាបាលស្ងាត់
(9) silent letter :: លិខិតស្ងៀម
(10) fall silent :: ធ្លាក់ស្ងៀម
1. completely quiet ::
2. speechless ::
3. unspoken ::
4. unsounded ::
5. mute ::
6. still ::
7. tacit ::
8. mum ::
1. communicative ::
2. speaking ::
silent, silenter, silentest, silently, silents
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Silent Sisters raped,
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 4
"Janko" is spelled
with a SILENT "ptang."
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
Now, after a moment of SILENT meditation,
I'm gonna end with "in Jesus' name"...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
Farlen, you be SILENT.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
I don't believe the life
of the Silent Sisters is for you.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 9
English to Khmer Dictionary: silent
Meaning and definitions of silent, translation in Khmer language for silent with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of silent in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "silent"
What silent means in Khmer, silent meaning in Khmer, silent definition, examples and pronunciation of silent in Khmer language.