Noun(1) a long wooden bench with a back
Verb(1) settle into a position, usually on a surface or ground(2) bring to an end; settle conclusively(3) settle conclusively; come to terms(4) take up residence and become established(5) come to terms(6) go under(7) become settled or established and stable in one's residence or life style(8) become resolved, fixed, established, or quiet(9) establish or develop as a residence(10) come to rest(11) arrange or fix in the desired order(12) accept despite lack of complete satisfaction(13) end a legal dispute by arriving at a settlement(14) dispose of; make a financial settlement(15) become clear by the sinking of particles(16) cause to become clear by forming a sediment (of liquids
(1) I'm breaking up with my boyfriend, who I've been living with for many months, and now I'm trying to settle accounts.(2) The companies that operate them should settle those problems first, before making people pay more.(3) one day I will settle down and raise a family(4) I will ask attorneys to help the students settle any legal disputes stemming from this incident.(5) He quickly looked down to settle the tray securely across her lap.(6) I had no choice but to wait for the sediment to settle .(7) He was politely told to get a steady girlfriend and settle down.(8) The sociologists out there would probably tell me I'm teaching my son to settle problems with violence.(9) The tribunal tried to settle the problems by mediation, and almost half of the disputes are resolved this way.(10) As a current slows, progressively smaller particles settle out and form fine-grained sediment.(11) So is this why 30 something women find a gap in the dating scene and are unable to find someone of a similar age to settle down with?(12) every effort was made to settle the dispute(13) New York was going to be my new home; I'd get a steady job and settle down, start a family.(14) She sat down aimlessly on a settle by the fireplace.(15) Why did not settle the petition problem with firm resolve?(16) to allow the soil to settle
(1) settle down :: នៅស្ងៀមចុះ
(2) settle in :: តាំងលំនៅនៅ
(3) to settle :: ដើម្បីដោះស្រាយ
(4) settle up :: ដោះស្រាយឡើង
(5) settle on :: ដោះស្រាយលើ
(6) settle for :: ដោះស្រាយសម្រាប់
(7) settle out :: ដោះស្រាយចេញ
(8) settle accounts :: ដោះស្រាយគណនី
(9) settle into :: ដោះស្រាយចូលទៅក្នុង
(10) settle back :: ដោះស្រាយត្រឡប់មកវិញ
1. resolve ::
2. put in order ::
3. decide on ::
4. pay ::
5. accept ::
6. make one's home in ::
7. colonize ::
8. apply oneself to ::
9. calm down ::
10. calm ::
11. sit down ::
12. land ::
13. sink ::
14. conciliate ::
15. go down ::
16. ensconce ::
17. locate ::
18. get back ::
19. settle down ::
20. subside ::
21. finalize ::
22. fall ::
23. take root ::
24. square up ::
25. settee ::
1. raise ::
settle, settles, settling
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
So SETTLE in, Dennis.
Enjoy your new home.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 8
but I promise you,
things will SETTLE down.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
Whoa, hey, SETTLE down.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
Now, how are you gonna SETTLE it? Hmm?
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
I'm gonna SETTLE this right now.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
English to Khmer Dictionary: settle
Meaning and definitions of settle, translation in Khmer language for settle with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of settle in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "settle"
What settle means in Khmer, settle meaning
in Khmer, settle definition, examples and pronunciation
of settle in Khmer language.