Noun(1) a verbal commitment by one person to another agreeing to do (or not to do(2) grounds for feeling hopeful about the future
Verb(1) make a promise or commitment(2) promise to undertake or give(3) make a prediction about; tell in advance(4) give grounds for expectations
(1) Six weeks ago, a flurry of announcements saw the promise of peace dangle tantalisingly before some of Africa's most wretched countries.(2) Politicians promise what they want, not what they can do.(3) she made him promise that he wouldn't do it again(4) Merger mania during the 1996-2001 period failed to realize much of its promise and potential.(5) It holds within it the promise of peace and security, and he smiles.(6) he showed great promise even as a junior officer(7) I did not keep my promise to go home early(8) New approaches show promise , potentially bringing a proof of the Riemann hypothesis within reach.(9) I definitely don't promise to stop hoping that you'll bury the hatchet already.(10) Every indication points to the promise of continued improvements in the cost and performance of storage, depending on the technology involved.(11) Day three started with the promise of very fine weather but we were met with a delivery of a sudden shower as we followed a narrow dirt trail.(12) Although they all start out with great promise and potential, they invariably end up a disappointment and we hear nothing more about them.(13) forthcoming concerts promise a feast of music from around the world(14) For him, this odd little satellite traveling around an evocative solar star represents promise and potential.(15) On the contrary, molecular medicine holds remarkable promise for improving quality of life and delivering health care more equitably.(16) We will not hand over our consciences in return for a hollow promise of safety.
(1) make a promise :: ធ្វើឱ្យការសន្យាមួយ
(2) keep promise :: រក្សាការសន្យា
(3) broken promise :: ការសន្យាខូច
(4) keep a promise :: រក្សាការសន្យាមួយ
(5) promise to :: សន្យា
(6) break a promise :: បំបែកការសន្យាមួយ
(7) empty promise :: ការសន្យាទទេ
(8) break one's promise :: បំបែកការសន្យាមួយរបស់
(9) solemn promise :: ការសន្យាយ៉ាងឱឡារិក
(10) keep one's promise :: រក្សាការសន្យាមួយរបស់
2. potential ::
3. indication ::
4. hope ::
5. give one's word ::
6. indicate ::
7. prognosticate ::
8. assure ::
promise, promised, promises, promising
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I PROMISE I'll be
on my best behavior.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 20
but I PROMISE you, no one
is going to judge you, or this family.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
Have patience, Khaleesi.
We will go home, I PROMISE you.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 7
It may seem that way from the outside,
but I PROMISE you, it's not true.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
Promise me, Ned.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 10
English to Khmer Dictionary: promise
Meaning and definitions of promise, translation in Khmer language for promise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of promise in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "promise"
What promise means in Khmer, promise meaning in Khmer, promise definition, examples and pronunciation of promise in Khmer language.