Noun(1) a brief swim in water(2) a steep and rapid fall
Verb(1) thrust or throw into(2) drop steeply(3) dash violently or with great speed or impetuosity(4) begin with vigor(5) cause to be immersed(6) fall abruptly(7) immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate(8) devote (oneself
(1) A company's stock price could plunge when earnings fall, but its bonds could remain hot if it has a strong enough revenue stream to service its debt.(2) It alleges they breached their duties and wants creditors to be compensated for the company's plunge in value before it finally collapsed in May last year.(3) The dollar, according to some reports, could plunge by as much as 40 per cent in value.(4) The Liberal Democrats warned that forcing people to save for their retirement could plunge many further into financial difficulty.(5) The Inferno, the biggest amateur race in the world, will see 1,800 daredevils plunge down the 15.8km course.(6) A sharp plunge in the dollar would dramatically reduce the value of these assets, reducing the wealth of foreign investors.(7) At 6 o'clock, roused by the rÔö£┬«veille, we scurry to the bath-room, take the prescribed cold plunge , and then dress.(8) The point is that falling prices are simply not the cause of a plunge in profits and increase in the burden of debt.(9) Using rubber gloves, put nettles in two litres of salted boiling water for a second to remove the sting then plunge them into iced water.(10) It has become apparent that some homes are considerably more vulnerable to flooding than others, and these are not just riverside properties - whose value is expected to plunge .(11) A hallmark of the newly christened recession has been a plunge in venture-capital spending.(12) It misstepped making its getaway and performed a spectacular cartwheeling plunge into the water between our canoes.(13) The news follows a major review by Glanbia of its operation following indications of a major plunge in sales from next month.(14) Take the tip of a large knife and quickly and firmly plunge the knife downwards through this cross.(15) His comments followed a plunge in first half profits from ├ö├®┬╝13.5 million to 7m before tax and exceptional items.(16) Another day of global volatility on the markets saw share values plunge , with the Irish stock market now down ├ö├®┬╝30 billion since January.
(1) take the plunge :: ទទួលយកការធ្លាក់ចុះនេះ
(2) plunge into :: ចុះចូលទៅក្នុង
(3) plunge pool :: អាងហែលទឹកធ្លាក់ចុះ
(4) plunge in :: ការធ្លាក់ចុះ
(5) plunge down :: ធ្លាក់ចុះគឺធ្លាក់ចុះ
(6) take a plunge :: យកការធ្លាក់ចុះ
1. dive ::
2. fall ::
3. dip ::
4. dive ::
5. plummet ::
6. charge ::
7. fall sharply ::
8. thrust ::
9. immerse ::
10. throw ::
11. dump ::
12. launch ::
13. soak up ::
14. plunk ::
15. dip ::
1. arise ::
2. ascend ::
3. lift ::
4. mount ::
5. rise ::
6. soar ::
7. spike ::
8. up ::
plunge, plunged, plunges, plunging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
To PLUNGE yourself into debt
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 13
English to Khmer Dictionary: plunge
Meaning and definitions of plunge, translation in Khmer language for plunge with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of plunge in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "plunge"
What plunge means in Khmer, plunge meaning in Khmer, plunge definition, examples and pronunciation of plunge in Khmer language.