Noun(1) a sacred place of pilgrimage
Adjective(1) belonging to or derived from or associated with a divine power
(1) He was a very holy person who had a real interest in people.(2) Some were holding wooden crosses, prayer books, and other holy objects to ward off the evil spirits.(3) What do the lives and service of holy women teach us about ordaining women?(4) An elderly man, presumably seeking to protect the sanctity of this holy site, was shouting after them.(5) As a result my picture hopefully has a holy spiritual quality.(6) He put the turban upon his head and set the gold rosette as symbol of holy dedication on the front of the turban as the Lord had commanded him.(7) And within the latter community there are deep divisions, many due to the further attempt to discriminate between those who are or are not holy or Spirit-filled.(8) For the holy month culminates in a prescribed annual almsgiving, amounting to a tax on one's wealth and property, to be distributed in the coming year to those in need.(9) She became a constant visitor to the holy women of White Church(10) At the same time, it opens you to a respect and a reverence in fact, for what is true and holy in other religions.(11) To her he was godlike, noble, excellent, all but holy .(12) Three of the employees, who are Muslims refused to shave because it was holy month of Ramadan.(13) There are two main Muslim holidays: Eid Al-Fitr is a three-day festival at the end of the holy month of fasting, Ramadan.(14) Surely the pilgrim was innocent, and a most holy man.(15) When a temporary lifting of the curfew was announced in Jenin on the fourth day of the holy month of Ramadan in November 2002, the happiest of all were the children.(16) The holy man quickly surmises the scale of the problem.
(1) holy water :: ទឹកមន្ត
(2) holy war :: សង្គ្រាមបរិសុទ្ធ
(3) holy man :: មនុស្សបរិសុទ្ធ
(4) holy father :: ឪពុកបរិសុទ្ធ
(5) holy day :: ថ្ងៃបរិសុទ្ធ
(6) holy place :: ទីសក្ការៈ
(7) holy terror :: ភេរវកម្មបរិសុទ្ធ
(8) holy communion :: ការរួមបរិសុទ្ធ
(9) the holy ghost :: ព្រះវិញ្ញាណបរិសុទ្ធ
(10) holy orders :: ការបញ្ជាទិញបរិសុទ្ធ
1. saintly ::
2. godly ::
4. pious ::
5. pietistic ::
6. religious ::
7. devout ::
9. spiritual ::
10. righteous ::
11. good ::
12. virtuous ::
14. sinless ::
15. pure ::
16. numinous ::
17. beatific ::
21. sanctum ::
22. holy place ::
1. faithless ::
2. godless ::
3. irreligious ::
4. ungodly ::
5. unholy ::
holism, hols, holy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit, amen.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
If it please Your Grace,
he has taken a HOLY vow of silence.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10
You must answer, "Full of grace."
We're in a HOLY place.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 2
Holy crap, are we nerdy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 17
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
English to Khmer Dictionary: holy
Meaning and definitions of holy, translation in Khmer language for holy with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of holy in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "holy"
What holy means in Khmer, holy meaning in Khmer, holy definition, examples and pronunciation of holy in Khmer language.