Noun(1) any monetary aid(2) the act of providing a subsidy(3) (law(4) Scottish painter; cousin of Lytton Strachey and member of the Bloomsbury Group (1885-1978(5) United States actor (born in England, 1904-1986(6) 18th President of the United States; commander of the Union armies in the American Civil War (1822-1885(7) a contract granting the right to operate a subsidiary business(8) a right or privilege that has been granted
Verb(1) let have(2) give as judged due or on the basis of merit(3) be willing to concede(4) allow to have(5) bestow, especially officially(6) give over; surrender or relinquish to the physical control of another(7) transfer by deed
(1) Thus in some countries, we have been able to craft the license to give the author the power to grant both copyrights and moral rights.(2) certainly, I must grant you that!(3) Accordingly he argued that the Council should have sought judicial review of the grant of listed building consent in 1993.(4) In their dissenting note both the members had stated that the committee did not have the power to go into the question of grant or refusal of minority statues to anyone.(5) Thus, Massachusetts will now take the lead among states as the only one to grant the right of civil marriage to same-sex couples.(6) Accordingly, whether to grant a relocation request is not a decision courts make lightly.(7) I did have time to think ├ö├ç├┐oh no├ö├ç├û (very useful, I grant you) and turn to follow her progress.(8) By the late Sixties, corruption spread to more areas of administration, particularly large projects and grant of permits, licences and quotas.(9) Especially since it's true (only an added benefit these days, I grant you.)(10) If you grant the request, put the arrangements in writing.(11) If the Secretary of State decides to grant a right of retention he shall issue to the grantee a retention document.(12) a research grant(13) The money will enable Essex Police to use the main grant for its intended purpose - crime prevention.(14) But it is to the discretion of the bank/building society that hold the assets whether or not they require to see the legal document called a grant of Probate or Letters of administration.(15) However, the preferred option is to grant a power of attorney.(16) you'll grant me that at least!
(1) student grant :: ជំនួយឥតសំណងរបស់និស្សិត
(2) grant a visa :: ការផ្តល់ទិដ្ឋាការ
(3) land grant :: ជំនួយដីធ្លី
(4) research grant :: ជំនួយឥតសំណងស្រាវជ្រាវ
(5) grant permission :: ការអនុញ្ញាតជំនួយឥតសំណង
(6) government grant :: ជំនួយឥតសំណងរបស់រដ្ឋាភិបាល
(7) grant a loan :: ការផ្តល់ប្រាក់កម្ចី
(8) grant-in-aid :: ផ្តល់ឱ្យក្នុងជំនួយ
1. endowment ::
2. concession ::
4. assignment ::
5. allow ::
6. give ::
7. admit ::
8. accord ::
9. award ::
10. concede ::
11. cede ::
1. deny ::
grant, granted, grantee, grantees, granter, granters, granting, grants
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Why have you agreed to GRANT Earl Haraldson
such a big funeral?
Vikings Season 1, Episode 6
Did I tell you our lab got a GRANT
to study addiction?
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
Hey, hey, no judge will GRANT him
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 8
that the GRANT was
a kind of publicity maneuver
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
My Department of Defense
research GRANT is renewed.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 7
English to Khmer Dictionary: grant
Meaning and definitions of grant, translation in Khmer language for grant with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of grant in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "grant"
What grant means in Khmer, grant meaning in Khmer, grant definition, examples and pronunciation of grant in Khmer language.