Noun(1) a depression in an otherwise level surface(2) (physics(3) a thief who steals from the pockets or purses of others in public places(4) tasty mixture or liquid into which bite-sized foods are dipped(5) a brief immersion(6) a sudden sharp decrease in some quantity(7) a candle that is made by repeated dipping in a pool of wax or tallow(8) a brief swim in water(9) a gymnastic exercise on the parallel bars in which the body is lowered and raised by bending and straightening the arms
Verb(1) immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate(2) dip into a liquid while eating(3) go down momentarily(4) stain an object by immersing it in a liquid(5) take a small amount from(6) switch (a car's headlights(7) lower briefly(8) appear to move downward(9) slope downwards(10) dip into a liquid(11) place (candle wicks(12) immerse in a disinfectant solution(13) plunge (one's hand or a receptacle(14) scoop up by plunging one's hand or a ladle below the surface
(1) they cooled off by taking a dip in the pool(2) tasty garlic dip(3) a dip in hot water is prescribed to destroy fruit flies(4) Tugging it off, I laid it down beside the water and jumped in for a refreshing dip .(5) She had even brought extra toppings from home: sprinkles, chocolate sauce, nacho cheese dip , and salsa.(6) Swimmers saw in the New Year by taking an icy dip in the River Wharfe and an equally chilly plunge into White Wells bath-house.(7) I have to go make homemade guacamole and sun-dried tomato dip , scarf down dinner, vacuum, shower and dress myself.(8) The little dots in the foreground are some of my colleagues, taking a quick dip in the briny water.(9) Barbara and Shane went for an early afternoon dip in the open air pool.(10) At the end of a stand of trees, there was a slight dip, and at the bottom of that dip stood a white stone building.(11) the cliff profile tends to be dominated by the dip of the beds(12) Instead I had a quick dip in the pool, showered and raced for the airport.(13) That causes a curvature of the light path, which reduces the dip (usually by about 7%).(14) If we were in too much of a hurry to come down, we would greet you with a friendly dip of the wing.(15) Passing through this dip on a particular turn, I lost control, braked and fell.(16) A quick dip into some of them will give you an outline of what is involved.
(1) skinny-dip :: ការធ្លាក់ចុះស្គមស្គាំង
(2) to dip :: ដើម្បីជ្រលក់
(3) dip into :: ការធ្លាក់ចុះទៅក្នុង
(4) cheese dip :: ការធ្លាក់ចុះឈីស
(5) go for a dip :: ទៅសម្រាប់ការធ្លាក់ចុះ
(6) dip switch :: ប្ដូរធ្លាក់ចុះ
(7) take a dip :: យកការធ្លាក់ចុះ
(8) dip switches :: ប្តូរការធ្លាក់ចុះ
(9) dip pen :: ប៊ិចធ្លាក់ចុះ
1. swim ::
2. immersion ::
3. sauce ::
4. slope ::
5. decrease ::
6. pickpocket ::
7. inclination ::
8. drop ::
9. plunge ::
10. immerse ::
11. sink ::
12. decrease ::
13. slope down ::
14. draw on ::
15. duck ::
16. dim ::
17. dunk ::
18. douse ::
1. arise ::
2. ascend ::
3. lift ::
4. mount ::
5. rise ::
6. soar ::
7. spike ::
8. up ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
who knows to DIP Tootsie Rolls in Nutella.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 8
You had a little cheese DIP, you farted.
I thought it was cute.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
...I just want to DIP an apple in your face.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 21
- Wait, did Amy make a spinach DIP?
- She did.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
Okay, how about you just
DIP your toe in and meet one of them?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
English to Khmer Dictionary: dip
Meaning and definitions of dip, translation in Khmer language for dip with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of dip in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "dip"
What dip means in Khmer, dip meaning
in Khmer, dip definition, examples and pronunciation
of dip in Khmer language.