Noun(1) a prescribed selection of foods(2) a legislative assembly in certain countries (e.g., Japan(3) the usual food and drink consumed by an organism (person or animal(4) the act of restricting your food intake (or your intake of particular foods
Verb(1) follow a regimen or a diet, as for health reasons(2) eat sparingly, for health reasons or to lose weight
(1) I'm going on a diet(2) The term originated with the protest of the reforming minority at the diet of Spires in 1529 against the catholic majority.(3) I waste money on all sorts of stuff - cable television, deli sandwiches, diet ginger ale.(4) We love food and we hate it; we binge and we diet ; we perceive it as both a treat and a threat.(5) a specialist in diet(6) I've been told that the weight won't just drop off - I still have to diet and exercise to lose it, it'll just be easier than before.(7) This music has enriched the musical diet of choral establishments, collegiate and cathedral, throughout the Anglican Communion.(8) Personally, I hate the after taste of diet drinks and would rather forgo the cola.(9) Staples of the Serbian diet are bread, meat, fruits, vegetables, and dairy products.(10) But Ireland is no longer the Mecca for tea brands it once was, with the average office worker as likely to have a diet cola drink, or a cappuccino, as a cup of tea at break time.(11) When your staple diet is cheap food, you can afford a few treats - the kind of treats you could never get from your local post office.(12) Children should never be put on a weight-loss diet without medical advice as this can affect their growth.(13) Worse still, aspartame is contained in most of these diet foods and drinks.(14) Amazingly, some people define vegetarian as a diet which excludes the meat of animals but does permit fish and eggs.(15) Despite all of my talking in this post about diet drinks, I am working pretty hard at drinking two to three litres of water a day.(16) If a woman, famous or not, decides she needs to diet or have weight loss surgery for her own health or happiness, far be it from me to sit in judgment.
(1) balanced diet :: របបអាហារមានតុល្យភាព
(2) on diet :: លើរបបអាហារ
(3) special diet :: របបអាហារពិសេស
(4) staple diet :: របបអាហារអាហារ
(5) soft diet :: របបអាហារទន់
(6) vegetarian diet :: របបអាហារបួស
(7) liquid diet :: របបអាហាររាវ
1. selection of food ::
2. food ::
4. grub ::
5. nosh ::
6. be on a diet ::
7. eat sparingly ::
8. lose weight ::
9. watch one's weight ::
10. reduce ::
11. slenderize ::
12. crash-diet ::
diet, dietaries, dietary, dieted, dieter, dieters, dietetic, dietetics, dieting, diets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Is it DIET?
- That's what you ordered.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
...and their potato-based DIET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
I know, it's not
on my wedding DIET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 16
Wrong. She just took a sip
from his Diet Dr. Pepper.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 2
...I need to change my DIET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 2
English to Khmer Dictionary: diet
Meaning and definitions of diet, translation in Khmer language for diet with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of diet in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "diet"
What diet means in Khmer, diet meaning in Khmer, diet definition, examples and pronunciation of diet in Khmer language.