Noun(1) an injury to living tissue (especially an injury involving a cut or break in the skin(2) a casualty to military personnel resulting from combat(3) a figurative injury (to your feelings or pride(4) the act of inflicting a wound
Verb(1) to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course(2) extend in curves and turns(3) arrange or or coil around(4) catch the scent of; get wind of(5) coil the spring of (some mechanical device(6) form into a wreath(7) raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help(8) cause injuries or bodily harm to(9) hurt the feelings of
Adjective(1) put in a coil
(1) He thinks the swan was shot and we both wondered at the mindset of someone who could wound such a graceful animal.(2) I could see a wound to the right of her neck, which was bleeding quite heavily.(3) He also had two stitches put in a wound to his scalp after being taken by ambulance to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary.(4) If there is an object sticking out of the wound - a knife, or a shard of broken glass, for example - do not remove it.(5) He said that the gun went off again when Mrs Thompson, bleeding from a wound to her body, tried to grapple with the gun.(6) I have only just begun to deal with my feelings, and the wound is still raw.(7) He was taken to the Northern General Hospital, where he needed nine stitches to a wound to the back of his head.(8) a wound to the thigh(9) a knife wound(10) The real issue is whether the wound is skin deep or will take years to heal.(11) Your open and receptive attitude heals old wounds and rejuvenates relationships.(12) Top Bradford doctors have found an unusual alternative to cover wounds - frog skin.(13) A positive and creative approach towards family problems changes attitudes and heals old wounds .(14) Yuan told him that he and a group of men had seriously wounded another man in order to force him to repay a debt.(15) You try to rekindle old flames and remember the past and tend to open old emotional wounds .(16) I told him that a friend of mine had been badly wounded and was in urgent need of medical attention.
(1) wind :: ខ្យល់
(2) wound up :: រងរបួសកើនឡើង
(3) stab wound :: របួសចាក់
(4) open wound :: មុខរបួសបើកចំហ
(5) wound dressing :: ការស្លៀកពាក់រងរបួស
(6) gunshot wound :: របួសដោយគ្រាប់កាំភ្លើង
(7) bullet wound :: របួសត្រូវគ្រាប់កាំភ្លើង
(8) puncture wound :: របួសធ្លាយកង់
(9) deep wound :: របួសជ្រៅ
(10) exit wound :: របួសច្រកចេញ
1. injury ::
2. insult ::
4. lesion ::
5. injure ::
6. hurt ::
7. offend ::
unwound, wound, wounded, wounder, wounding, wounds
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I’ve been told your WOUND opened up.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 10
of a WOUND sustained in a bear hunt.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
every time I suffered a
WOUND on a battlefield?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
Take care of your WOUND.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 11
and I WOUND up
paying his medical bills,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
English to Khmer Dictionary: wound
Meaning and definitions of wound, translation in Khmer
language for wound with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of wound in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'wound'
What wound means in Khmer, wound meaning
in Khmer, wound
definition, examples and pronunciation
of wound in Khmer language.