Noun(1) the main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants(2) a sheet of any written or printed material (especially in a manuscript or book(3) hinged or detachable flat section (as of a table or door
Verb(1) look through a book or other written material(2) turn over pages(3) produce leaves, of plants
(1) He went over to her and took the book from her hand; still keeping the page he then marked the page with a small leaf of paper.(2) With stifled sobs, she unfolded the single leaf of paper from within and began to read the rigid, soldier-like writing.(3) You can transplant existing shrubs and perennial plants before they begin to leaf out.(4) Without playing the ├ö├ç├┐Elitist Snob├ö├ç├û card too severely, let me just say this: Buy loose leaf tea.(5) She kept her eyes straight ahead as she flew over the rest of the clearing and then into a dense forest, her bare feet racing and leaping over stone and leaf .(6) Lift bedded out begonias while still in leaf ; put them in boxes in a dry shed or greenhouse to dry out and die back gradually.(7) They enjoy a well-drained soil and will stay in leaf until about May, when they die down and lie dormant until the following autumn.(8) He wanted to see the trees in his garden coming into leaf .(9) Trees on the opposite bank were bursting into leaf , although the sun was defiantly not shining.(10) Eighty rupees a kilo for long leaf tea was an unquestionable bargain.(11) Knapp decorated the sliding hatch in the dining room with gold, silver, and copper leaf on enamel, replacing an earlier plain copper sheet.(12) Gold leaf was applied to the background and his tunic, and perhaps the wreath in his hair, after the panel was placed on the mummy.(13) In other words, tobacco used to be a herbal medicine but public experimentation led to the smoking of the tobacco leaf .(14) Many said they believe that it's unnecessary to drastically prune trees in the summer just as they come into leaf .(15) A single leaf surviving in manuscript used to be thought to be a forgery, but is now considered a genuine contemporary copy of part of one scene.(16) Anne replied on another leaf : ├ö├ç├┐By daily proof you shall me find / To be to you both loving and kind.├ö├ç├û
(1) maple leaf :: ស្លឹកដើមម៉េផល
(2) leaf spring :: និទាឃរដូវស្លឹក
(3) turn over a new leaf :: បើកជាងមួយស្លឹកថ្មី
(4) gold leaf :: ស្លឹកមាស
(5) bay leaf :: ស្លឹករុក្ខជាតិម្យ៉ាង
(6) leaf blower :: ស្លឹក blower
(7) new leaf :: ស្លឹកថ្មី
(8) leaf blade :: កាំបិតស្លឹក
(9) leaf through :: ស្លឹកតាមរយៈ
(10) banana leaf :: ស្លឹកចេក
1. leaflet ::
2. page ::
3. folio ::
4. foliage ::
5. flip through ::
6. flick ::
leaf, leafage, leafed, leafing, leafless, leafs, leafy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...on what does Scott Joplin
play the "Maple Leaf Rag."
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 3
The LEAF blower broke, so I had
to hand-dry my mother-in-law.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 24
Starting tomorrow, I am
turning over a new LEAF.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 5
I'm attempting to turn over a new LEAF.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
I was thinking a nice cup
of LEAF soup.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 10
English to Khmer Dictionary: leaf
Meaning and definitions of leaf, translation in Khmer language for leaf with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of leaf in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "leaf"
What leaf means in Khmer, leaf meaning in Khmer, leaf definition, examples and pronunciation of leaf in Khmer language.