Noun(1) a government tax on imports or exports
Verb(1) charge a tariff
(1) The decision by the Confederacy in February 1861 to levy a tariff on the import of goods provoked a discussion about the expanding trade between the Upper and Lower South.(2) "The tariff explicitly lists agro-machinery that enjoys duty free status, and our officers are guided by this tabulation," he said.(3) Even though 99 per cent of the high-end watches in the China market are imported, the tax authorities can only collect the watch tariff and value-added tax, he said.(4) If there were any doubts about the standard of the hotel, its cheap tariff leaves no room for second thoughts.(5) I was told categorically that premium rate calls can be charged at whatever tariff the market will stand!(6) On May 12, 1988 the Department of Public Service filed comments on the service, recommending that the Commission change the ANI tariff to require that one service component, Pay-Per-View (PPV) service, be tariffed rather than priced on an individual case basis.(7) Some commercial customers try to calculate electric bills based solely on tariffs and come up with lower amounts than seen on the bill.(8) Foreign affiliate sales that stem from FDI are not subject to import tariffs or other trade barriers, in contrast to U.S. exports of similar products.(9) Social Security taxes, excise levies, tariffs , and other duties are regressive - their effective rates decline as income goes up.(10) The country unilaterally reduced its overall import tariffs over the years, recently dropping them to 6% across the board.(11) PIC will be sold to telcos who will sell the units, or cover their cost through broadband connection tariffs , to the users.(12) The prices listed above are those that apply to the more expensive tariffs - cheaper tariffs carry higher handset costs.(13) So while the Constitution empowered the federal government to levy taxes, it limited this power mostly to indirect taxes like tariffs , duties, and excise taxes.(14) The US last month said it will levy tariffs on most steel imports to give its domestic industry time to rebuild.(15) Some hotels have lowered their tariffs by between 30 and 50 per cent.(16) Excises, tariffs , export duties, and taxes on particular goods have become relatively insignificant sources of state revenues in these advanced nations.
(1) customs tariff :: ពន្ធគយ
(2) tariff barriers :: របាំងពន្ធគយ
(3) custom tariff :: ពន្ធផ្ទាល់ខ្លួន
(4) import tariff :: ពន្ធនាំចូល
(5) tariff rate :: អត្រាពន្ធ
(6) impose tariff :: ដាក់ពន្ធ
1. tax ::
2. duty ::
3. toll ::
4. excise ::
5. levy ::
6. charge ::
7. rate ::
8. fee ::
9. countervail ::
10. price list ::
English to Khmer Dictionary: tariff
Meaning and definitions of tariff, translation in Khmer language for tariff with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of tariff in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "tariff"
What tariff means in Khmer, tariff meaning in Khmer, tariff definition, examples and pronunciation of tariff in Khmer language.