Noun(1) the astonishment you feel when something totally unexpected happens to you(2) a sudden unexpected event(3) the act of surprising someone
Verb(1) cause to be surprised(2) come upon or take unawares(3) attack by storm; attack suddenly
(1) 'Here?' she asked in surprise.(2) It is unlikely that anything you say will cause him or her shock or surprise .(3) He doesn't even try to hide the surprise in his voice at this.(4) With mild surprise , he noticed that she was wearing the breeches and shirt of a man.(5) the party was something of a surprise(6) imagine her surprise when she saw the car!(7) he didn't show any surprise(8) For his part, Eisenhower feared a surprise attack and war by miscalculation.(9) Information that is not tracked could later surprise the Army on the battlefield.(10) A surprise was sprung on a retiring vicar at a school assembly last week.(11) To General Hue, it looked like the ideal time to launch his surprise attack.(12) the election results were a surprise(13) that was a surprise result(14) He's even throwing me a surprise birthday party (I found out).(15) With mild surprise , she noticed that the sound came from the foot of the cliffs on which she stood.(16) the announcement came as a complete surprise
(1) surprise party :: គណបក្សភ្ញាក់ផ្អើល
(2) to my surprise :: ដើម្បីឱ្យភ្ញាក់ផ្អើលរបស់ខ្ញុំ
(3) by surprise :: ដោយការភ្ញាក់ផ្អើល
(4) to one's surprise :: ការភ្ញាក់ផ្អើលមួយរបស់
(5) pleasant surprise :: ការភ្ញាក់ផ្អើលរីករាយ
(6) surprise attack :: ការវាយប្រហារដោយការភ្ញាក់ផ្អើល
(7) take by surprise :: ទទួលយកដោយការភ្ញាក់ផ្អើល
(8) great surprise :: ការភ្ញាក់ផ្អើលយ៉ាងខ្លាំង
(9) express surprise :: ការភ្ញាក់ផ្អើលលឿន
1. astonishment ::
2. shock ::
3. surprisal ::
4. astonish ::
5. take by surprise ::
6. storm ::
surprise, surprised, surprises, surprising, surprisings
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Big SURPRISE, Podcast
here wants to talk.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
It's for her SURPRISE
frontier birthday dinner.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 11
you're in for a real
SURPRISE later on.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
Well, big SURPRISE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 20
I have a SURPRISE
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 4
English to Khmer Dictionary: surprise
Meaning and definitions of surprise, translation in Khmer language for surprise with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of surprise in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "surprise"
What surprise means in Khmer, surprise meaning
in Khmer, surprise definition, examples and pronunciation
of surprise in Khmer language.