Noun(1) an announcement containing information about an event(2) the act of noticing or paying attention(3) a request for payment(4) advance notification (usually written(5) a sign posted in a public place as an advertisement(6) polite or favorable attention(7) a short critical review
Verb(1) discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of(2) notice or perceive(3) make or write a comment on(4) express recognition of the presence or existence of, or acquaintance with
(1) He was trying to concentrate on each miserable step forward; and so he didn't notice the gang of youths until he'd bumped into one of them.(2) Yes, in many ways, I think that because I'm Chinese, people don't notice me as much.(3) They have swiped hundreds of signs, including chevrons and direction indicators giving motorists advance notice of hazards.(4) During this time other managers at the centre also decided to leave voluntarily and gave notice to terminate their employment.(5) He pointed out that if the writer had read his own newspaper he would have seen the public notice announcing the roundabout.(6) The first thing you'll notice is the fact that the franchise interface has been completely revamped.(7) Obviously we are very close to the final date by which we can give notice and your urgent attention to this matter will be most appreciated.(8) We didn't really take much notice of the fact that he was an aristocrat and a monarchist.(9) Since good news doesn't make the news, we don't notice it nor realize how often the good things are happening.(10) The policy allows pilots to give notice on the last day of the month and retire the following day.(11) A short notice cannot do justice to this admirable and thought-provoking book.(12) That is, it's something that happened and could happen again without notice or warning.(13) Grimshaw was given formal notice to quit in 1885, but had probably already returned to Leeds.(14) He saw our notice in the newspapers about that dead woman, found in Trevor Square, and traveled down here by the coach.(15) Until that date any parking infringements found will be given an informal warning notice without a penalty.(16) If you leave before you get formal notice of redundancy, you are unlikely to be entitled to any statutory payment.
(1) notice period :: រយៈពេលជូនដំណឹង
(2) until further notice :: រហូតដល់មានការជូនដំណឹងបន្ថែមទៀត
(3) take notice :: យកសេចក្តីជូនដំណឹង
(4) short notice :: សេចក្តីជូនដំណឹងខ្លី
(5) advance notice :: ការជូនដំណឹងជាមុន
(6) legal notice :: សេចក្តីជូនដំណឹងផ្នែកច្បាប់
(7) at short notice :: នៅជូនដំណឹងខ្លី
(8) give notice :: ផ្តល់សេចក្តីជូនដំណឹង
(9) prior notice :: ជូនដំណឹងជាមុន
1. attention ::
2. poster ::
3. notification ::
4. resignation ::
5. review ::
6. observation ::
7. observe ::
8. acknowledge ::
9. note ::
10. point out ::
notice, noticeable, noticed, notices, noticing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
How come this one's on the back
of an eviction NOTICE?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
I can't help but NOTICE
how her unconditional love for you...
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 23
Some "genius," I zinged him with sarcasm
and he didn't even NOTICE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 9
I mean, we know it's short NOTICE,
but we'd love you all to come with us.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 24
Did you NOTICE the dagger the killer used?
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 2
English to Khmer Dictionary: notice
Meaning and definitions of notice, translation in Khmer language for notice with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of notice in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "notice"
What notice means in Khmer, notice meaning in Khmer, notice definition, examples and pronunciation of notice in Khmer language.