Noun(1) the concentration of attention or energy on something(2) maximum clarity or distinctness of an image rendered by an optical system(3) maximum clarity or distinctness of an idea(4) a central point or locus of an infection in an organism(5) special emphasis attached to something(6) a point of convergence of light (or other radiation(7) a fixed reference point on the concave side of a conic section
Verb(1) direct one's attention on something(2) cause to converge on or toward a central point(3) bring into focus or alignment; to converge or cause to converge; of ideas or emotions(4) become focussed or come into focus(5) put (an image
(1) Katsukoii slowly turned a knob, which indicated that she was adjusting the focus .(2) But James would also narrow the focus to concentrate solely on the moral gains of unrequited love.(3) To adjust focus for targets at different distances, most optical devices move one or more of their lenses closer to or further from the focusing point.(4) He adjusted the focus of the lamp and watched Clark's face contort.(5) We keep our focus by concentrating on efforts on the goods and services we are strongest in.(6) The RFU's ├ö├ç├┐Impact├ö├ç├û strategy will be the focus of all activity to increase participation.(7) Breman's central focus is on the working poor at the bottom of Gujarat's society.(8) The focus and directrix of a parabola were considered by Pappus.(9) We believe our evaluation to be rigorously designed, with a defined focus and clear objectives.(10) an opportunity to focus research on the health needs of the population(11) the study will focus on a number of areas in Wales(12) The curve of the meniscus between the fluids can be altered with currents sent through the tube, which changes the focus of the lens.(13) Jani gasped, and her brown eyes lost their focus as she concentrated.(14) Your face is frozen to an oval miniature, glistening, out of focus .(15) I relish the hours when my entire focus isn't concentrated on breathing.(16) Likewise, the securing of ownership of Hearts has been the focus of interest in the Edinburgh club.
(1) focus on :: ផ្ដោតទៅលើ
(2) focus group :: ក្រុមការផ្តោតអារម្មណ៍
(3) in focus :: នៅក្នុងការផ្តោតអារម្មណ៍
(4) main focus :: ការផ្តោតចម្បង
(5) out of focus :: ចេញពីការផ្តោតអារម្មណ៍
(6) focus in :: ផ្តោតជាសំខាន់នៅ
(7) lack of focus :: កង្វះនៃការផ្តោតអារម្មណ៍
(8) focus point :: ចំណុចផ្តោតអារម្មណ៍
(9) focus ring :: ចិញ្ចៀនផ្តោតអារម្មណ៍
1. center ::
2. emphasis ::
3. subject ::
4. focal point ::
5. nidus ::
6. stress ::
8. bring into focus ::
9. concentrate on ::
11. concentre ::
12. rivet ::
focus, focused, focuses, focusing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Focus on the game.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
Really given me a chance
to FOCUS on myself.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 22
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 8
Focus? I haven’t been more FOCUSed
in all my life.
Money Heist Season 1, Episode 9
now that I'm not in the band,
I can FOCUS on my own music.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 13
English to Khmer Dictionary: focus
Meaning and definitions of focus, translation in Khmer language for focus with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of focus in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "focus"
What focus means in Khmer, focus meaning in Khmer, focus definition, examples and pronunciation of focus in Khmer language.