Noun(1) two-winged insects characterized by active flight(2) flap consisting of a piece of canvas that can be drawn back to provide entrance to a tent(3) an opening in a garment that is closed by a zipper or by buttons concealed under a fold of cloth(4) (baseball(5) fisherman's lure consisting of a fishhook decorated to look like an insect
Verb(1) travel through the air; be airborne(2) move quickly or suddenly(3) operate an airplane(4) transport by aeroplane(5) cause to fly or float(6) be dispersed or disseminated(7) change quickly from one emotional state to another(8) pass away rapidly(9) travel in an airplane(10) display in the air or cause to float(11) run away quickly(12) travel over (an area of land or sea(13) hit a fly(14) decrease rapidly and disappear
Adjective(1) (British informal
(1) And now Edward, in his turn, was compelled to fly from the country, and to take refuge with his brother-in-law, the Duke of Burgundy.(2) Ryan's a super fly dude.(3) I do not like how far I have to reach from the inside of the tent to the zip on the fly .(4) The Mock Orange bush has a bad case of black fly already, and the rose bush has greenfly.(5) The Old World hunter fly seemingly enjoys a challenge.(6) I fly back to London this evening(7) Requests to have the game postponed by 24 hours were dismissed so officials saw only one option and that was to hire a helicopter to fly him back.(8) If the butterfly can fly free with its wings of iridescent color, gardeners should be allowed to do the same.(9) Protestants, wherever they could obtain shipping, hasted to fly the country.(10) The horn fly , Haematobia irritans, is probably the most important economically damaging ectoparasite of grazing cattle.(11) Babs wants to know if her romance with the fly guy she met last year is for keeps.(12) I was looking for the fly stuff, and I don't mean fishing gear.(13) With Wakefield up in the pen yet again as Francona burned through his options, Curt Leskanic came in and got Williams to fly to center to end the inning.(14) ├ö├ç├┐Thank you.├ö├ç├û Claudia stood up. ├ö├ç├┐I have to fly ! We must get together for dinner soon!├ö├ç├û(15) A single fly was placed on the platform, and placidly stayed there, motionless, until the test stimulus was presented.(16) This reduced the amount of control forces and the frequency of control movements required to fly the aircraft.
(1) fly away :: ហោះហើរទៅឆ្ងាយ
(2) to fly :: ការហោះហើរ
(3) fly high :: ហោះខ្ពស់
(4) fly a kite :: បង្ហោះខ្លែង
(5) on the fly :: នៅលើរហ័ស
(6) fly back :: ការហោះហើរត្រឡប់មកវិញ
(7) fly off the handle :: ហោះហើរបិទចំណុចទាញ
(8) fly out :: ហោះចេញ
1. fly sheet ::
2. fly ball ::
3. travel through the air ::
6. pilot ::
7. display ::
8. flutter ::
9. go quickly ::
10. vaporize ::
12. wing ::
13. fell ::
14. aviate ::
fled, flies, fly, flyable
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Where the hell is this FLY?
Not like I even seen the thing.
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 10
Did you FLY the rocket?
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 18
"A FLY upon a wall
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
You know they FLY, right?!
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 3
♪ And the ♪
♪ Fly cars ♪
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 2
English to Khmer Dictionary: fly
Meaning and definitions of fly, translation in Khmer language for fly with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of fly in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "fly"
What fly means in Khmer, fly meaning in Khmer, fly definition, examples and pronunciation of fly in Khmer language.