Noun(1) one of a number of things from which only one can be chosen
Adjective(1) serving or used in place of another(2) necessitating a choice between mutually exclusive possibilities(3) pertaining to unconventional choices
(1) Our lease expires next year and we need to find an alternative home as quickly as possible.(2) The alternative scenario is not one that City fans will want to think too much about.(3) They've been known to hassle people who choose alternative lifestyles and dodge taxes.(4) In fact the experience made me wish that I had taken an alternative form of transport.(5) There are lots of alternative lifestyles in the area, as can be seen by the area's cafÔö£┬«s and stores.(6) The launch of Oven Chips offered a healthier and more convenient alternative to traditional chips.(7) The music is mainstream alternative pop and rock music, with little or no variation.(8) The only legal alternative , a fresh set of elections, would solve nothing.(9) It used to sell books and pamphlets about alternative cultures and lifestyles.(10) An article such as this one marks a sad day in the realm of so-called alternative press.(11) She loves alternative music and watching all sorts of sports though she says she is a total loser at most of them.(12) It is not as if there is some ready alternative available to citizens carrying out official duties.(13) So until the alternative route is available I expect to be able to use the existing roadway for access purposes.(14) The band Hell is for Heroes has denounced it as ├ö├ç├┐a great blow to alternative music├ö├ç├û.(15) Both traditional doctors and alternative therapists work to the best of their ability in any given situation.(16) Occasionally, though, I do browse around for alternative flavours and new experiences.
(1) alternative energy :: ថាមពលជំនួស
(2) alternative rock :: រ៉ុកជំនួស
(3) alternative fuels :: ឥន្ធនៈជំនួស
(4) alternative current :: បច្ចុប្បន្នជំនួស
(5) have no alternative :: មិនមានជម្រើសនោះ
(6) alternative hypothesis :: សម្មតិកម្មជំនួស
(7) alternative plan :: ផែនការជំនួស
1. different ::
2. unorthodox ::
3. alternate ::
4. option ::
alternative, alternatively, alternatives
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
is an ALTERNATIVE,
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
My mom made it up as an
ALTERNATIVE to the Girl Scouts.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 22
until a better ALTERNATIVE comes along.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 5
When I come back, just for fun,
the subject will be ALTERNATIVE history.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
I can see that.
I was providing you with an ALTERNATIVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 6
English to Khmer Dictionary: alternative
Meaning and definitions of alternative, translation in Khmer language for alternative with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of alternative in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "alternative"
What alternative means in Khmer, alternative meaning in Khmer, alternative definition, examples and pronunciation of alternative in Khmer language.