Noun(1) a region marking a boundary(2) the limit beyond which something happens or changes(3) a ceremonial or emblematic staff(4) a grass border along a road
Verb(1) border on; come close to
(1) An extremely competent golfer, Alf was on the verge of turning professional at one time.(2) I was on the verge of tears, but it needed to be said.(3) But his centuries-old livelihood is on the verge of collapse since the areca nut price has crashed beyond imagination.(4) In all the industrialised countries the welfare state is on the verge of collapse.(5) The girl began to whimper again, and looked on the verge of tears.(6) The poor condition of that tiling and the defective mortar to the verge tiling generally warranted further investigation, in Mr Bruce's opinion.(7) The complex of ranch buildings spreads across a grassy verge above a tumbling creek.(8) I hoped he didn't notice I was on the verge of a breakdown.(9) The dog, nicknamed John, appeared on the grass verge by the side of the road in the main street through the village.(10) I climbed over the safety barrier and sat on the grassy, hilly verge to wait.(11) He approached companies who were on the verge of bankruptcy before he bought them.(12) At the time of the merger, Nissan was on the verge of bankruptcy.(13) This happened on a straight, single-lane gravel road with a grass verge .(14) If full, then verge south of start, lots down at Bonfield Gill half a mile from start.(15) they came down to the verge of the lake(16) the grass verge outside the church
(1) on the verge of :: នៅលើជិតនេះ
(2) on the verge :: នៅលើ verge
(3) on the verge of tears :: នៅលើជិតទឹកភ្នែក
(4) verge on :: ជិតនៅលើ
(5) be on the verge of :: ជិតនឹងត្រូវបាន
2. brink ::
3. scepter ::
4. threshold ::
5. approach ::
verge, verged, verges, verging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I thought you and I were
on the VERGE of agreement before.
Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 2
...he was on the VERGE of giving away
rocket secrets to a North Korean spy...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 7
We're on the VERGE
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 11
But I assure you,
he's on the VERGE of collapse.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 8
Okay, Dr. Cooper
is on the VERGE of a breakthrough.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 6
English to Khmer Dictionary: verge
Meaning and definitions of verge, translation in Khmer language for verge with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of verge in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "verge"
What verge means in Khmer, verge meaning in Khmer, verge definition, examples and pronunciation of verge in Khmer language.