Adjective(1) located below or beneath something else(2) lower in rank, power, or authority
Adverb(1) down to defeat, death, or ruin(2) through a range downward(3) into unconsciousness(4) in or into a state of subordination or subjugation(5) below some quantity or limit(6) below the horizon(7) down below(8) further down
(1) a river runs under this street(2) They were restrained before being taken under arrest to St Aldate's Police station.(3) He skulked into the room under the pretence of finding himself a drink.(4) He is sure to maintain his heavy role within the offense under new coach Sidney Lowe.(5) It will simply conceal whatever gaps in communication there are under another layer of imprecise language.(6) she travelled under a false name(7) But the boat was sinking fast and when the stern went under , a rush of air pushed four people out of the cabin.(8) we gathered the apples that had fallen under the tree(9) file it under ├ö├ç├┐lost├ö├ç├û(10) If the item is not listed, would it fall under one of the classifications if it were?(11) A great fun night was had by all under the leadership of Quiz master Mr. Peter Guy.(12) In mist or under a covering of snow, however, navigational skills will be tested.(13) Compare and contrast, as Whitlam himself might put it, the same period under Howard.(14) He has posted heavily to the same political newsgroups under his own name.(15) Over the years the green fell into disuse and became gradually hidden under thick layers of leaves.(16) Why waste all that room under the kitchen sink by simply filling it with garbage?
(1) under- :: ក្រោម
(2) under construction :: កំពុងសាងសង់
(3) go under :: ទៅខាងក្រោម
(4) under pressure :: ស្ថិតនៅក្រោមសម្ពាធ
(5) under control :: ក្រោមការគ្រប់គ្រង
(6) under the weather :: ក្រោមអាកាសធាតុ
(7) under oath :: ស្ថិតនៅក្រោមសម្បថ
(8) under consideration :: ក្រោមការពិចារណា
(9) under way :: នៅក្រោមវិធី
(10) fall under :: ស្ថិតក្រោម
(11) under review :: ក្រោមការត្រួតពិនិត្យឡើងវិញ
1. nether ::
2. down ::
3. below ::
4. beneath ::
5. less than ::
6. subordinate to ::
7. flooded by ::
9. subject to ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
(UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GIANTS\'
\"MAMA\'S ROOM\" PLAYS ON STEREO)
"' alt="(UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GIANTS\'
\"MAMA\'S ROOM\" PLAYS ON STEREO)
(UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GIANTS'
"MAMA'S ROOM" PLAYS ON STEREO)
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
You and your daughter
are now UNDER my protection,
Vikings Season 1, Episode 7
Unless you have Gravity
on Blu-ray UNDER that skirt,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 21
You'll have to excuse Dr. Cooper.
He's been UNDER a lot of, um...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 12
Not UNDER you per se...
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 19
English to Khmer Dictionary: under
Meaning and definitions of under, translation in Khmer language for under with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of under in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "under"
What under means in Khmer, under meaning in Khmer, under definition, examples and pronunciation of under in Khmer language.