Noun(1) (astronomy(2) someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field(3) any celestial body visible (as a point of light(4) an actor who plays a principal role(5) a plane figure with 5 or more points; often used as an emblem(6) a performer who receives prominent billing(7) a star-shaped character * used in printing(8) the topology of a network whose components are connected to a hub
Verb(1) feature as the star(2) be the star in a performance(3) mark with an asterisk
Adjective(1) indicating the most important performer or role
(1) a pop star(2) If things don't work out he is more likely to star on the front pages than the back.(3) From the angle he walked, Tal could make out the symbol of an eight-point star on the cape.(4) One of the problems with the star ratings is that the margin of failure needs only to be quite small for vital stars to be lost.(5) I don't know why, but I liked Darlene even though Annette was supposed to be the star attraction.(6) Not all video games star muscle-bound, gun-wielding action heroes out for vengeance.(7) a rising star in the party(8) we gave them a gold star rating(9) Riley nodded, then stopped at the stall of a black mare with a white star on her forehead.(10) He had a large star on his forehead, and mane that looked as if it had been crimped.(11) this stamp is the star of the collection(12) But he visits one website and his declining star goes super nova.(13) The girl from Donegal is the star attraction and she will be joined by Derry country band New Moon as well as Mayo's own Marc Roberts.(14) A stellar-mass black hole forms when a heavy star collapses under its own weight in a supernova explosion.(15) One was black with a white star on its forehead, the other a chocolate brown.(16) Benjy is black and white, Frankie is black/dark brown with a white tummy and a white star on her forehead.
(1) shooting star :: តារាបាញ់ប្រហារ
(2) rock star :: តារាចំរៀងរ៉ក
(3) movie star :: តារាភាពយន្ត
(4) pop star :: តារាប្រជាប្រិយ
(5) shining star :: តារាចាំង
(6) rising star :: តារាកំពុងរះ
(7) star sign :: សញ្ញាផ្កាយ
(8) star fruit :: ផ្លែស្ពឺ
(9) falling star :: តារាធ្លាក់ចុះ
(10) co-star :: សហផ្កាយ
1. celestial body ::
2. principal ::
3. celebrity ::
4. virtuoso ::
5. asterisk ::
6. star topology ::
7. headliner ::
8. brilliant ::
9. top ::
11. asterisk ::
1. nobody ::
costar, costars, star, stardom, starer, starers, starless, starlet, starlets, stars
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It took him two years to put together
that Lego Death Star. I'm not worried.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 8
Star Trek stinks!
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
...Miley was a world-famous pop STAR.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
By the holy text, The Seven-Pointed Star.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 7
Star Trek V.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 8
English to Khmer Dictionary: star
Meaning and definitions of star, translation in Khmer language for star with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of star in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "star"
What star means in Khmer, star meaning
in Khmer, star definition, examples and pronunciation
of star in Khmer language.