Noun(1) (photography, as for a photograph or portrait(2) the act of assuming or maintaining a seated position(3) a meeting of spiritualists(4) a session as of a legislature or court
Verb(1) be seated(2) be around, often idly or without specific purpose(3) take a seat(4) be in session(5) assume a posture as for artistic purposes(6) sit and travel on the back of animal, usually while controlling its motions(7) be located or situated somewhere(8) work or act as a baby-sitter(9) show to a seat; assign a seat for(10) serve in a specific professional capacity
Adjective(1) (of persons(2) not moving and therefore easy to attack
(1) And sure, it is a lot to ask the average museum visitor to sit through eight films in one sitting .(2) A number of the current sitting board members have had close associations with Mr Murdoch or his company.(3) Two hours after the historic ceremony, the current parliament's batch of sitting MPs cease to be members of parliament.(4) I sink gracefully into a sitting position on my bed.(5) Williams said the meeting had to be called before the next sitting of the executive committee on Tuesday.(6) The measures will be put into place at the next sitting of Parliament, tentatively scheduled for March.(7) He suggests that the minority of people who voted for this unattractive party are not constituents of the sitting Member of Parliament.(8) No sitting congressman has ever previously been nominated to head the agency.(9) Rothman was eventually brought to the ground by police but was put into a sitting position when he began hyperventilating.(10) The defendant had been remanded in custody from a sitting of Wexford District Court the previous week.(11) Nests are hidden in vegetation, each lined with an ample layer of down to cover the eggs when the sitting bird is absent.(12) One of the jade Buddhas can be found in a sitting position at the moment of his enlightenment on the second floor of Wentang Hall.(13) Government officials said today's Parliament sitting may be very brief to accommodate the continuation of the crime talks.(14) Howard knew he would never get it passed in a full sitting of parliament.(15) At the end of the sitting , they can take photographs of the subject.(16) The 66-year-old had slipped into a sitting position with her legs straight out, leaving her waist deep in heavy mud.
(1) sit :: អង្គុយ
(2) sitting down :: អង្គុយចុះ
(3) sitting duck :: ទាអង្គុយ
(4) sitting pretty :: អង្គុយស្អាត
(5) pet sitting :: សត្វចិញ្ចឹមអង្គុយ
(6) sitting-room :: អង្គុយក្នុងបន្ទប់
(7) sitting position :: អង្គុយទីតាំង
(8) sitting still :: អង្គុយនៅតែមាន
(9) bed-sitting room :: បន្ទប់គ្រែអង្គុយ
1. sedentary ::
3. session ::
5. take a seat ::
7. hold ::
8. pose ::
9. be situated ::
10. be in session ::
11. serve on ::
12. be harmonious ::
13. babysit ::
14. sit down ::
15. baby-sit ::
16. ride ::
17. sit around ::
18. model ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
But instead, you're SITTING here,
watching me fail at dinner.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
Yeah, it was just
SITTING on the street.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 2
Is it worse than SITTING
in a freezing cell, waiting to die?
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
are SITTING on that jerkoff
Saul Goodman's office,
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 11
Yeah, that's okay-- this is
nice, SITTING under the stars.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 12
English to Khmer Dictionary: sitting
Meaning and definitions of sitting, translation in Khmer language for sitting with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of sitting in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "sitting"
What sitting means in Khmer, sitting meaning
in Khmer, sitting definition, examples and pronunciation
of sitting in Khmer language.