Noun(1) shade within clear boundaries(2) an unilluminated area(3) something existing in perception only(4) a premonition of something adverse(5) an indication that something has been present(6) refuge from danger or observation(7) a dominating and pervasive presence(8) a spy employed to follow someone and report their movements(9) an inseparable companion
Verb(1) follow, usually without the person's knowledge(2) cast a shadow over(3) make appear small by comparison
(1) It was the first time Shawn had felt it, and it would, without a shadow of a doubt, be the last time.(2) But suddenly, he knew without a shadow of a doubt who this woman was.(3) Mel shook her head, a shadow crossing her face as she remembered about the sketch.(4) A shadow crossed Katherine's face as she saw Helena use Orion as a human shield.(5) Hugo held something dark in the palm of his hand about the size of a guinea and when the Captain turned away from him I noticed that the black shadow of his patch had gone.(6) the shadow Chancellor(7) They are already merely a shadow of the company they were.(8) Lines are often bold and thick, and the tight, even hatching sometimes dissolves in to smooth gradations of shadow .(9) But then they were gone, lost in the deep blanket of shadow and hair that covered his face.(10) Like the American cinema, the American theatre is today a pale shadow of what it used to be; this film is a reminder of what we're missing.(11) If you can't quite see the actors who are in deep shadow , and you can't quite make out what the leading lady is saying, the evening becomes a bit of an uphill climb.(12) The last thing she remembered seeing was the smirking face of Kyle Stratford, and she knew without a shadow of a doubt that they had been set up.(13) Howard lost the party's leadership to William Hague, who brought him back as shadow foreign minister, a role he held until 1999.(14) They live their daily existence in the shadow of one of the busiest travel destinations in the world.(15) a shadow crossed Maria's face(16) Christina grows up in the shadow of her older sister, whom everyone considers to be smarter, more creative, and more promising.
(1) eye shadow :: ស្រមោលភ្នែក
(2) dark shadow :: ស្រមោលងងឹត
(3) shadow play :: ការលេងស្រមោល
(4) black shadow :: ស្រមោលខ្មៅ
(5) rain shadow :: ស្រមោលភ្លៀង
(6) shadow of death :: ស្រមោលនៃការស្លាប់
(7) drop shadow :: ស្រមោល
(8) shadow cabinet :: គណៈរដ្ឋមន្ត្រីស្រមោល
(9) shadow price :: តម្លៃស្រមោល
(10) cast a shadow :: បោះស្រមោល
1. silhouette ::
2. shade ::
3. black cloud ::
4. trace ::
5. inferior version ::
6. constant companion ::
8. dark ::
9. apparition ::
10. tincture ::
11. overshadow ::
12. follow ::
13. shade off ::
1. blaze ::
2. day ::
3. daylight ::
4. glare ::
5. glow ::
6. light ::
shadow, shadowed, shadowing, shadows, shadowy
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
A SHADOW with the face of Stannis Baratheon.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
the SHADOW shortens?
Vikings Season 1, Episode 1
A SHADOW in the shape of a man.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
We all live in its SHADOW
and almost none of us know it.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 5
I grew up in the SHADOW
of her father's castle.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 1
English to Khmer Dictionary: shadow
Meaning and definitions of shadow, translation in Khmer language for shadow with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of shadow in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "shadow"
What shadow means in Khmer, shadow meaning in Khmer, shadow definition, examples and pronunciation of shadow in Khmer language.