Noun(1) a haphazard distribution in all directions(2) the act of scattering
Verb(1) to cause to separate and go in different directions(2) move away from each other(3) distribute loosely(4) sow by scattering(5) cause to separate(6) strew or distribute over an area
(1) She looked about twenty, with light blue eyes, a light tan with a scatter of freckles over her nose and long gold locks that fell in large waves down to her lower back.(2) Treatment may include prescribing eyeglasses or contact lenses to slightly overcorrect night vision and decrease the light scatter .(3) The use of routine specimens to measure resistance may also have contributed to the observed scatter and has the potential to introduce bias.(4) We also noted the degree of scatter in the correlation: some local authorities with comparable mortality rates have quite different rates of self reported ill health and vice versa.(5) It's called a scattergram, a diagram with a scatter of points.(6) Crumble the filling over the dough and press it down into the surface, then scatter the currants evenly across the dough.(7) Crack an egg onto the potatoes and scatter the cheese evenly over the surface.(8) To date, the research team has found that 90 to 95 percent of light scatter generated is from optical properties of mitochondria.(9) That decision was not made finally until the 1950s, and then it was decided that there would be just a scatter of plantations though the highlands.(10) Results were most variable at the lowest glucose concentration, where in some cases scatter may be related to the small sample volume used.(11) Our patients were obese, middle aged males with mild to moderate sleep apnoea, and there was wide scatter in all variables.(12) There was considerable light scatter with each treatment, particularly at the higher fluences.(13) My dad's uncle Johnny Boland came home and brought us this old record player and a scatter of records.(14) The protesters scuffled with police when officers moved in to scatter the crowd, but there were no reported injuries.(15) his family is hoping to scatter his ashes at sea(16) This includes a scatter of lesser paintings throughout the museums, galleries, and private collections of the world.
(1) scatter plot :: ផែនការពង្រាយ
(2) to scatter :: ដើម្បីពង្រាយ
(3) scatter diagram :: ដ្យាក្រាមពង្រាយ
(4) scatter-brained :: វិធី-brained
(5) scatter loading :: ផ្ទុកវិធី
1. throw ::
2. disperse ::
3. spread out ::
4. scattering ::
5. spread ::
1. assemble ::
2. cluster ::
3. collect ::
4. concentrate ::
5. congregate ::
6. gather ::
scatter, scattered, scattering, scatterings, scatters
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Scatter back to their homes.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 9
and SCATTER them to the winds
before they can march on the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 5
English to Khmer Dictionary: scatter
Meaning and definitions of scatter, translation in Khmer language for scatter with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of scatter in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "scatter"
What scatter means in Khmer, scatter meaning in Khmer, scatter definition, examples and pronunciation of scatter in Khmer language.