Noun(1) (usually preceded by `in'(2) the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded(3) an attitude of admiration or esteem(4) a courteous expression (by word or deed(5) behavior intended to please your parents(6) a feeling of friendship and esteem(7) courteous regard for people's feelings
Verb(1) regard highly; think much of(2) show respect towards
(1) the director had a lot of respect for Douglas as an actor(2) According to Confucianism, one of the most important values is respect for elders.(3) What can parliamentarians do to regain respect with community as custodians of the public good?(4) The nature of the conversation and the respect for elders reflects Chinese customs, particularly that of the young coming to the wise for advice.(5) The town has great affection for him and great respect for his golfing abilities.(6) the government's record in this respect is a mixed one(7) it is incumbent upon all hill users to respect the environment(8) he urged all foreign nationals to respect the laws of their country of residence(9) Although this might be unpopular in the short term, at least they will regain some respect once the current mob mentality dies down.(10) Lebanese children grow up with deep respect for their parents.(11) they showed great respect for the law(12) she has respect for him(13) First of all, I'd like to tell him I admire and respect him as one of the very unique talents in television.(14) And the law should respect such a stipulation in commercial negotiations.(15) She, meanwhile, develops deep respect for the old man.(16) The trustees can be expected to respect these wishes once there is no family or appropriate person to whom the money should be paid.
(1) with respect to :: ដោយគោរពតាម
(2) with respect :: ដោយការគោរព
(3) in respect of :: ក្នុងការគោរពនៃ
(4) in this respect :: នៅក្នុងការគោរពនេះ
(5) to respect :: គោរព
(6) self-respect :: ការគោរពដោយខ្លួនឯង
(7) in respect to :: ក្នុងការគោរពតាម
(8) mutual respect :: ការគោរពគ្នាទៅវិញទៅមក
(9) with all due respect :: ដោយគោរពទាំងអស់ដោយសារតែ
(10) show respect :: បង្ហាញការគោរព
1. esteem ::
2. due regard ::
4. aspect ::
5. regard ::
6. deference ::
8. obedience ::
9. esteem ::
10. show consideration for ::
11. abide by ::
12. prize ::
13. observe ::
respect, respected, respecter, respecters, respecting, respects
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
We gave you two of the three
out of RESPECT for your loss.
Game of Thrones Season 6, Episode 8
I RESPECT that.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 12
Mutual RESPECT, and...
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
He's the man of his family.
You have to RESPECT his wishes.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 15
I am trying to RESPECT Amy.
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 14
English to Khmer Dictionary: respect
Meaning and definitions of respect, translation in Khmer language for respect with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of respect in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "respect"
What respect means in Khmer, respect meaning
in Khmer, respect definition, examples and pronunciation
of respect in Khmer language.