Noun(1) a member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience
Adjective(1) concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church(2) having or showing belief in and reverence for a deity(3) of or relating to clergy bound by monastic vows(4) extremely scrupulous and conscientious
(1) Sounds like a program you'd watch with religious devotion, doesn't it?(2) Joseph II reduced the number of religious houses belonging to the contemplative orders.(3) Let us hope that prisoners who wish to observe their religious beliefs and practices will now be given the means and opportunity to do so.(4) In other words, only those possessed of deep religious beliefs are capable laying down their lives for their country.(5) Security, dignity, and freedom to be educated and to practise cultural and religious beliefs are essential to preserving a sense of identity.(6) If Warners does not accept the Hindu demands, the Hindu community will not be a silent spectator to the humiliation of its religious beliefs and scriptures.(7) Differing religious beliefs and practices can be divisive.(8) religious matters(9) My own religious practices and beliefs have nothing at all to do with the perception of those around me.(10) McCain shows an almost religious devotion to his causes - like campaign finance reform - and is brashly outspoken.(11) The other thing I didn't like about it was an almost religious aversion to Microsoft.(12) The result was a matted, knotted hairstyle that honored the Rastafarian religious beliefs.(13) We have been allowed to continue practicing our religious beliefs as we choose.(14) Grounded in religious beliefs and faith, watermen feel that man cannot and need not fully understand the blue crab.(15) religious service(16) "We've become religious about the design director," says Miranda.
(1) religious education :: ការអប់រំខាងសាសនា
(2) religious freedom :: សេរីភាពខាងជំនឿសាសនា
(3) religious leader :: មេដឹកនាំសាសនា
(4) religious holiday :: ថ្ងៃឈប់សម្រាកសាសនា
(5) religious service :: សេវាកម្មសាសនា
(6) religious belief :: ជំនឿសាសនា
(7) religious festival :: ពិធីបុណ្យសាសនា
(8) religious persecution :: ធ្វើទុក្ខបុកម្នេញខាងសាសនា
(9) religious ceremony :: ពិធីសាសនា
(10) religious order :: ការបញ្ជាទិញសាសនា
1. devout ::
2. spiritual ::
3. scrupulous ::
1. profane ::
2. secular ::
nonreligious, religious, religiously, religiousness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
all the RELIGIOUS rules you've
been espousing your whole life?
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 18
Really? Your deeply RELIGIOUS,
born-again Christian mother...
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 1
or the head of one of the
largest RELIGIOUS institutions
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 11
...one of the five central RELIGIOUS duties
or sacrifices of the Hindu householder?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
"How RELIGIOUS are you?"
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
English to Khmer Dictionary: religious
Meaning and definitions of religious, translation in Khmer language for religious with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of religious in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "religious"
What religious means in Khmer, religious meaning in Khmer, religious definition, examples and pronunciation of religious in Khmer language.