Noun(1) water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere(2) drops of fresh water that fall as precipitation from clouds(3) anything happening rapidly or in quick successive
Verb(1) precipitate as rain
(1) Before long, heavy drops of rain began to pour on the barren landscape.(2) The whole of the previous week had been glorious weather and then, yesterday, the temperature had dropped right down and freezing rain had poured down from the skies.(3) Winter storms normally bring ordinary rain, freezing rain and sleet as well as snow.(4) It poured with rain continually; there were floods in the north of the country.(5) Our planet is incessantly bombarded with a rain of cosmic rays, charged stable particles, such as protons and electrons.(6) the rain had not stopped for days(7) Few of us walk into the office to a rain of boos or are subjected nightly to the possibility of public failure and humiliation.(8) It was odd that not too far away, it was probably pouring rain , while it was humid and sunny where Kace stood.(9) He looked up at the sky, and several more drops of rain fell on his face.(10) Soon she felt the first drops of rain begin to fall, and within minutes she was soaked to the skin, her hair clinging heavily to her neck and back.(11) he fell under the rain of blows(12) At that point, a rain of fire and bullets hit us, shutting up forever the cheerful voices of a few minutes earlier.(13) The Cityboys formed a rough circle, ignoring the rain of lead that fell on them from above.(14) it was beginning to rain(15) Weather effects like sand storms or heavy rain and snowfall shorten your units' line of sight and cut their air supply.(16) Unlike Kuiper belt comets, Oort cloud comets can rain down on the inner solar system from any angle and any direction.
(1) to rain :: ភ្លៀង
(2) rain forest :: ព្រៃទឹកភ្លៀង
(3) acid rain :: ភ្លៀងអាស៊ីត
(4) heavy rain :: ភ្លៀងខ្លាំង
(5) light rain :: ភ្លៀងពន្លឺ
(6) pouring rain :: ភ្លៀងហូរ
(7) rain cats and dogs :: ឆ្មាភ្លៀងនិងឆ្កែ
(8) after the rain :: បន្ទាប់ពីភ្លៀងធ្លាក់
(9) in the rain :: នៅហាលភ្លៀង
(10) rain shower :: ផ្កាឈូកភ្លៀង
1. rainfall ::
2. shower ::
3. pelting ::
4. rainwater ::
5. pour ::
6. fall ::
7. rain down ::
rain, rained, raining, rains
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 3
and it slides right off,
like RAIN off a wing.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
Where the RAIN never falls
And the sun never shines
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 6
What do you mean, like Rain Man?
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 9
The RAIN will fall on your rotting skin...
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 8
English to Khmer Dictionary: rain
Meaning and definitions of rain, translation in Khmer language for rain with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of rain in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "rain"
What rain means in Khmer, rain meaning in Khmer, rain definition, examples and pronunciation of rain in Khmer language.