Noun(1) the particular portion of space occupied by something(2) a point occupied by troops for tactical reasons(3) a way of regarding situations or topics etc.(4) the arrangement of the body and its limbs(5) the relative position or standing of things or especially persons in a society(6) a job in an organization(7) the spatial property of a place where or way in which something is situated(8) the appropriate or customary location(9) (in team sports(10) the act of putting something in a certain place(11) a condition or position in which you find yourself, or position(12) a rationalized mental attitude(13) an opinion that is held in opposition to another in an argument or dispute(14) an item on a list or in a sequence(15) the post or function properly or customarily occupied or served by another(16) the act of positing; an assumption taken as a postulate or axiom
Verb(1) cause to be in an appropriate place, state, or relation(2) put into a certain place or abstract location
(1) How should a writer determine his/her position in relation to the rest of humanity?(2) In the second, Shirov gained a pawn but the position was not good enough to help him level the score.(3) a comprehensive development plan that will position the city as a major economic force in the region(4) My other car, which has been off the road for 10 years, is parked in an identical position and that wasn't ticketed.(5) Mr Roberts and the crew later located the position of the wreckage which they marked with an orange buoy.(6) Judging by the election results, they seem to have taken full advantage of their position .(7) everyone look at the position of his feet(8) to find your position on a map(9) he rose from his kneeling position in the sand(10) In addition to his mathematics position , he was appointed to a divinity lectureship in 1845.(11) what would you do in my position?(12) The symbols of independence give them the upward position in social hierarchy and status ladder.(13) to use your position of influence(14) she's held the position of chief executive for ten years(15) we should take a strong position on this issue(16) Could you state your position on the referendum, and in what ways have you been misunderstood?
(1) pole position :: ទីតាំងបង្គោល
(2) present position :: ទីតាំងបច្ចុប្បន្ន
(3) financial position :: ទីតាំងហិរញ្ញវត្ថុ
(4) starting position :: ការចាប់ផ្តើមទីតាំង
(5) vacant position :: ទីតាំងទំនេរ
(6) high position :: ទីតាំងខ្ពស់
(7) in position :: នៅក្នុងទីតាំង
(8) standing position :: ឈរទីតាំង
(9) dominant position :: ទីតាំងលេចធ្លោ
(10) managerial position :: ទីតាំងគ្រប់គ្រង
1. location ::
2. posture ::
3. situation ::
4. advantage ::
5. status ::
6. job ::
7. viewpoint ::
8. view ::
9. place ::
10. side ::
11. spot ::
13. put ::
14. place ::
position, positional, positioned, positioning, positions
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...need the ability to locate
the POSITION of objects in space.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 21
We can only help them
from a POSITION of strength.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 5
Come on, let's get into POSITION.
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 6
and I'll reconsider your POSITION.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
I'm not in a POSITION
to just say you can come.
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 13
English to Khmer Dictionary: position
Meaning and definitions of position, translation in Khmer language for position with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of position in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "position"
What position means in Khmer, position meaning in Khmer, position definition, examples and pronunciation of position in Khmer language.