Noun(1) a small pouch inside a garment for carrying small articles(2) an enclosed space(3) a supply of money(4) (bowling(5) a hollow concave shape made by removing something(6) a local region of low pressure or descending air that causes a plane to lose height suddenly(7) a small isolated group of people(8) (anatomy, as a marsupial or gopher or pelican(9) an opening at the corner or on the side of a billiard table into which billiard balls are struck
Verb(1) put in one's pocket(2) take unlawfully
(1) Corroded danburite up to 8 cm in length was abundant around footwall portions of the pocket .(2) But there's more to it than just stepping up to the plate and hitting a home run or standing in the pocket and throwing a touchdown pass.(3) I have found myself many times in foreign lands hopelessly trying to refold enormous maps back to their original pocket size.(4) I carry a little pocket PC around with me, and it has every plan for every job we're working on.(5) The pool hall was full of seedy characters as Sabrina sunk a red ball into the corner pocket , slamming two more in on rebound.(6) Brower had developed the habit of opening his glove wider when gripping the ball in the pocket for a changeup.(7) Wisely selecting the six ball for the side pocket , you carefully position the cue ball.(8) I leaned over the table, aiming to bounce the white ball off of a side to knock a blue ball into the corner pocket .(9) I accepted the challenge to simply pocket the object ball in the side, and stop the cueball dead.(10) The film is based on the British Navy's triumph over a German pocket battleship, the Graf Spee, in the early months of the second world war.(11) Most of us carry around a pocket computer as a matter of routine.(12) But Kevin was already skipping down the street, camera in pocket , cell phone in hand.(13) The line is doing a good job of protecting him and he's moving outside the pocket on pass plays, so defenses don't have a free shot at him.(14) And if you really want to get philosophical, bring a pocket dictionary.(15) They are, however, well-designed pocket revolvers for those who can and must carry a gun for personal protection.(16) They carry pocket telescopes to spy through when they walk abroad.
(1) pocket money :: ប្រាក់ហោប៉ៅ
(2) pocket watch :: នាឡិកាហោប៉ៅ
(3) pocket knife :: កាំបិតហោប៉ៅ
(4) coat pocket :: ហោប៉ៅអាវ
(5) out of pocket :: ចេញពីហោប៉ៅ
(6) air pocket :: ហោប៉ៅខ្យល់
(7) pocket calculator :: គណនាហោប៉ៅ
(8) pick pocket :: ជ្រើសយកហោប៉ៅ
(9) in the pocket :: នៅក្នុងហោប៉ៅ
(10) back pocket :: ហោប៉ៅត្រឡប់មកវិញ
1. small ::
2. pouch ::
4. area ::
5. air hole ::
6. scoop ::
7. steal ::
8. bag ::
pocket, pocketed, pocketful, pocketfuls, pocketing, pockets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Okay, I don't think Amy
wants a POCKET watch.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 12
...put it in my POCKET,
and then got the hell out of there.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 9
She did always have candy in her POCKET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 11
Put it back in your POCKET
or I'll find another place to put it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
I mean it.
Put a dollar in my POCKET.
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 8
English to Khmer Dictionary: pocket
Meaning and definitions of pocket, translation in Khmer language for pocket with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of pocket in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "pocket"
What pocket means in Khmer, pocket meaning
in Khmer, pocket definition, examples and pronunciation
of pocket in Khmer language.