Noun(1) a deposit of personal property as security for a debt(2) someone accepted for membership but not yet fully admitted to the group(3) a drink in honor of or to the health of a person or event(4) a binding commitment to do or give or refrain from something
Verb(1) promise solemnly and formally(2) pay (an amount of money(3) propose a toast to(4) give as a guarantee(5) bind or secure by a pledge
(1) Gary Locke, in a valedictory to the judiciary, on Monday urged judges to take the pledge against drinking in public - or at least to hold themselves to a single drink.(2) For example, does this Bridgewater State College pledge , Sigma Pi fraternity, character know that he's googlable?(3) As part of their membership, each scout has to make a pledge and promise to do duty to God, their country and others.(4) Unity was the work of leaders, he said, adding: ├ö├ç├┐This is my solemn pledge : I will work to build a single nation of justice and opportunity.├ö├ç├û(5) Li Xiucheng returned, bringing his entire family with him as a pledge of loyalty.(6) In a centuries-old tradition some village parents pledge a young daughter to the goddess Yalluma.(7) But Barry himself looks instinctively like a new fraternity pledge who barely made it into the house.(8) Stand, and let us hear your pledge for the health of our land and people!(9) Just bear with me as I stand aside to raise my hand and utter a solemn pledge that the following paragraph will make more sense than the first.(10) Concerns about the troubled construction and engineering firm have led campus chiefs to pledge that all students promised a room will still be housed in September.(11) Would you sign a pledge to limit the number of flights you take each year?(12) the conference ended with a joint pledge to limit pollution(13) At the end of the school year in June there will be a special Mass of Commitment during which the children will have an opportunity to take a pledge to abstain from harmful drugs and alcoholic drink.(14) to pledge allegiance(15) The courts therefore ruled that wives could pledge their husbands' credit for ├ö├ç├┐necessaries├ö├ç├û but not for luxuries.(16) he had given the object as a pledge to a creditor
(1) take the pledge :: យកសន្យានេះ
(2) pledge allegiance :: ភក្ដីភាពការសន្យា
(3) cash pledge :: ការសន្យាសាច់ប្រាក់
(4) negative pledge :: ការសន្យាអវិជ្ជមាន
(5) written pledge :: ការសន្យាដែលបានសរសេរ
1. promise ::
2. surety ::
3. token ::
4. toast ::
5. assurance ::
6. promise ::
8. mortgage ::
9. toast ::
10. subscribe ::
11. plight ::
pledge, pledged, pledges, pledging
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
and I can PLEDGE
my love to the King in sight of the gods.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 3
She made a PLEDGE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
Why the hell did I memorize the Pledge?
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 21
I accept your PLEDGE
with a glad heart.
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
Pledge your sword to her cause.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
English to Khmer Dictionary: pledge
Meaning and definitions of pledge, translation in Khmer language for pledge with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of pledge in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "pledge"
What pledge means in Khmer, pledge meaning in Khmer, pledge definition, examples and pronunciation of pledge in Khmer language.