Noun(1) the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force(2) the state of being obligated to do or pay something(3) a personal relation in which one is indebted for a service or favor(4) a written promise to repay a debt(5) a legal agreement specifying a payment or action and the penalty for failure to comply
(1) Private schools are under no obligation to offer their staff the pay rises but feel they must do if they are to retain the quality of staff they have enjoyed until now.(2) The legal answer to your question is that parents whose children pass the 11-plus are under no obligation to take up a place they have been offered in a comprehensive school.(3) When one received a letter from the other, he was under no obligation whatsoever to read it, let alone answer it.(4) If there is a fire, if there is a murder, they are under no obligation whatsoever to call the mayor of the city.(5) Anyone who would like to join or find out more about Rotaract can contact the president or just turn up without obligation to one of the meetings.(6) I recognize research and scholarship as a public trust and accept professional service as a societal obligation .(7) The activities of political participation and public deliberation, on this view, should not be seen as a burdensome obligation or duty, but rather as intrinsically rewarding.(8) As an employer, you are under no obligation to contribute to a pension scheme, although you may choose to do so as part of your employee benefit package.(9) I have an obligation to look after her(10) Those who are left behind have an obligation , a duty, to retrain, move or do whatever it takes to find gainful employment.(11) The duty surely includes an obligation to investigate suspicious proposals and to reject those animated by hostility to religion.(12) The fact is doctors are under no obligation to prolong life indefinitely, and are likewise required to take prospective suffering into account during treatment.(13) But industry was under no obligation to send its waste to him and pay him a decent price to treat it.(14) He is still working to understand his own newfound faith, yet he feels the obligation and the passion to share it with others.(15) The Senate is surely under no obligation to confirm any particular nominee, but after the necessary time for inquiry, it should vote him up or vote him down.(16) In the absence of any promise, agreement or obligation to make the payment when he acquired, took possession of or used the money, he had given no consideration within the meaning of the Act.
(1) moral obligation :: កាតព្វកិច្ច
(2) contractual obligation :: កាតព្វកិច្ចកិច្ចសន្យា
(3) legal obligation :: កាតព្វកិច្ចផ្លូវច្បាប់
(4) financial obligation :: កាតព្វកិច្ចហិរញ្ញវត្ថុ
(5) social obligation :: កាតព្វកិច្ចសង្គម
(6) statutory obligation :: កាតព្វកិច្ចតាមច្បាប់
1. duty ::
2. compulsion ::
3. indebtedness ::
4. responsibility ::
5. debt instrument ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I have a contractual OBLIGATION...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 1
...but you two
don't feel any OBLIGATION to join in.
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 4
You haven't given me a gift,
you've given me an OBLIGATION.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 11
...an inherent OBLIGATION
to maintain confidences?
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 1
As teacher, it's your OBLIGATION
to separate your personal idiosyncrasies...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 17
English to Khmer Dictionary: obligation
Meaning and definitions of obligation, translation in Khmer language for obligation with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of obligation in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "obligation"
What obligation means in Khmer, obligation meaning
in Khmer, obligation definition, examples and pronunciation
of obligation in Khmer language.