Noun(1) a diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it(2) (mathematics, the domain of the function, the range of the function
Verb(1) make a map of; show or establish the features of details of(2) explore or survey for the purpose of making a map(3) locate within a specific region of a chromosome in relation to known DNA or gene sequences(4) plan, delineate, or arrange in detail(5) depict as if on a map(6) to establish a mapping (of mathematical elements or sets
(1) There have been no measures initiated nor a road map charted out, to rectify such fiscal imbalances and to restore balance for long term growth.(2) the project to map the human genome(3) After an initial fit of entitlement, Ralph went and looked at his sister, his face a sorrowful map of genuine concern.(4) The platform was actually some kind of map to the stars above with thousands of tiny specks of light dotting the dark blue steel.(5) Two algebraic varieties are said to be equivalent if there is a one-to-one correspondence between them with both the map and its inverse regular.(6) In the quadratic map , very small changes to alpha make enormous changes on how the system behaves.(7) You have to identify a street with a name, using a map or a road sign.(8) A spokesman for the Highways Department arrived with a map with eight road humps marked in for Emily Street and four for Marborough Street.(9) a street map(10) Lines below the chromosomal map indicate the deleted region with the arrow pointing in the direction of the deletion.(11) It took them less than 30 minutes to locate a star not on their map .(12) The radiolabelled object is then exposed to a photographic emulsion to obtain a map of radionuclide distribution.(13) it is not obvious that the subprocesses of language will map onto individual brain areas(14) I found a street map of the whole area, and spent an hour looking at it.(15) An understanding of coastal landforms and the processes acting upon them can be used to map areas at risk from cliff failure, beach erosion, and flooding.(16) Think of how superior a map showing roads, terrain, rivers, and cities is to one showing just a featureless land mass.
(1) map out :: ផែនទីចេញ
(2) road map :: ផែនទីផ្លូវ
(3) world map :: ផែនទីពិភពលោក
(4) mind map :: ផែនទីចិត្ត
(5) city map :: ផែនទីទីក្រុង
(6) on the map :: នៅលើផែនទី
(7) treasure map :: ផែនទីទ្រព្យសម្បត្ដិ
(8) sketch map :: ផែនទីបង្ហាញប្រភេទរូបភាព
(9) route map :: ផែនទីផ្លូវ
(10) map key :: គន្លឹះផែនទី
1. plan ::
2. single-valued function ::
3. chart ::
4. represent ::
5. map out ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
The MAP you asked for.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 9
It's a MAP of Dragonstone.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 1
Like, off the MAP!
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 24
I was just looking
at the MAP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 23
Or that's complete poppycock which Amy
made up. It still could be the MAP.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 19
English to Khmer Dictionary: map
Meaning and definitions of map, translation in Khmer language for map with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of map in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "map"
What map means in Khmer, map meaning in Khmer, map definition, examples and pronunciation of map in Khmer language.