Noun(1) terms referring to the Judeo-Christian God(2) a person who has general authority over others(3) a titled peer of the realm
Verb(1) make a lord of someone
(1) In Scotland the role of the feudal lord was superimposed upon the more ancient status of chief of a clan or kindred.(2) our lord the king(3) There were a few who exhibited signs of demonic influence, but not that of a great ├ö├ç├┐demon lord .├ö├ç├û(4) when we were at school, you used to lord it over us(5) That was because he was known to be the largest crime lord in the entire country and no one ever dared challenge him.(6) The noble lord spends most of his time alone and prefers not to talk about the four-year sentence he received for perjury.(7) lord of the sea(8) The noble lord had gone to bed drunk, woken up an hour later, still drunk, and had convinced himself that it was breakfast time.(9) First, to grant his wish of being rich and powerful she makes him a drug lord in his jungle fastness.(10) Everyone will know the Gospel, and everyone will know The Lord .(11) Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts ; the whole earth is full of his glory!(12) In 1993 the Sunday Trading Act set about dismantling the legislation protecting the Lord's Day .(13) He says police can be bribed and drug lords have a powerful influence on who will be spending time in jail and who will be released.(14) There are nearly 200 knights, lords , and their ladies milling about, conversing, boasting, laughing.(15) The crow leisurely passed to and fro along the alleys, now lost among the little hollows and hillocks, and now emerging into sight, sometimes at a less, sometimes at a greater distance, but always with a deportment of the most lord-like indifference to the world around him.(16) This was a tax paid to the lord of the manor when an animal had been sold by its owner.
(1) drug lord :: ម្ចាស់គ្រឿងញៀន
(2) feudal lord :: ស្តេចសក្តិភូមិ
(3) lord-like :: ដូចជាអម្ចាស់
(4) land lord :: ម្ចាស់ដី
(5) lord of lords :: ព្រះអម្ចាស់លើអម្ចាស់នានា
1. master ::
3. magnate ::
4. maker ::
5. nobleman ::
lord, lorded, lording, lords
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
- Lord Tywin.
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 6
Lord Bolton implores you
to protect your men
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 8
Oh, Lord, you just rang Stan Lee's
doorbell at Stan Lee's house.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
inside the wolf again, little LORD?
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 2
You cannot mean to hold to Joffrey, my LORD.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 10
English to Khmer Dictionary: lord
Meaning and definitions of lord, translation in Khmer language for lord with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of lord in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "lord"
What lord means in Khmer, lord meaning in Khmer, lord definition, examples and pronunciation of lord in Khmer language.