Noun(1) a lavish dance requiring formal attire(2) a gown for evening wear
Adjective(1) being in accord with established forms and conventions and requirements (as e.g. of formal dress(2) characteristic of or befitting a person in authority(3) (of spoken and written language(4) represented in simplified or symbolic form(5) logically deductive(6) refined or imposing in manner or appearance; befitting a royal court
(1) They both just said, ├ö├ç├┐So, are you going to the formal with anyone yet?├ö├ç├û(2) He said that the audits were not documented because no formal complaint was brought against her.(3) The formal gardens include collections of roses, rhododendrons and magnolias.(4) The exhibition, in storyboard form, explores the history of the Whitton Dean estate, recreating the house and what was once the most exquisite formal garden in the Twickenham area.(5) he was a bit formal with me(6) Even if someone was formal with him, they would have to be familiar with biochemical jargon and terminology, or Edward would act condescendingly to them.(7) I have no real formal music training, like every other punk who gets a keyboard for his bar mitzvah.(8) Even if they gave birth, they were not thought of as members of the formal family - their status was just a little higher than that of the maids.(9) he made a formal complaint(10) Authors Courter and Marquis wrote the book using a fairly friendly and slightly formal style.(11) Whoever said that Germans were a formal people?(12) But my personal favourite was Ballyvolane, a six bedroomed Italianate house with a lovely formal walled garden with dovecote behind, and its own fishing lakes in front.(13) Such writings were highly formal exercises in style and rhetoric, often delighting in dialectically arguing for and against a particular topic.(14) There are no distinct actors to give it formal content.(15) Everywhere she went, the girls talked of dresses, hair, make-up, and most of all, dates for the formal .(16) Our daughter has worked hard for this moment, tackling her studies with an intensity that can only come from trying to get everything done before the spring formal .
(1) formal education :: ការអប់រំផ្លូវការ
(2) formal dress :: សម្លៀកបំពាក់ជាផ្លូវការ
(3) formal wear :: ពាក់ជាផ្លូវការ
(4) formal training :: បណ្តុះបណ្តាផ្លូវការ
(5) formal language :: ភាសាផ្លូវការ
(6) formal dinner :: អាហារពេលល្ងាចជាផ្លូវការ
(7) formal occasion :: ក្នុងឱកាសជាផ្លូវការ
(8) formal agreement :: កិច្ចព្រមព្រៀងជាផ្លូវការ
(9) formal notice :: សេចក្តីជូនដំណឹងជាផ្លូវការ
1. ceremonial ::
2. aloof ::
3. symmetrical ::
4. official ::
5. conventional ::
6. schematic ::
7. stately ::
8. ball ::
9. dinner dress ::
formal, formalism, formalist, formalists, formalization, formalize, formalizes, formally, formals
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
you need to enter a FORMAL plea for mercy
and ask to be sent to the Wall.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 6
I never did receive
a FORMAL education.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
Lord Frey requires a FORMAL apology
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 6
...but you did secure
a FORMAL acknowledgment of the debt.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 14
A meal? Lunch? Brunch? Dinner?
Afternoon tea? A FORMAL tea?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 6
English to Khmer Dictionary: formal
Meaning and definitions of formal, translation in Khmer language for formal with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of formal in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "formal"
What formal means in Khmer, formal meaning
in Khmer, formal definition, examples and pronunciation
of formal in Khmer language.