Verb(1) compete for something; engage in a contest; measure oneself against others
(1) to compete in a match against sb(2) no one can compete with them(3) he wants to compete in the marathon(4) no one can compete with his physical prowess(5) Two great teams were playing at their highest levels, competing for every inch of ice.(6) The sound of the cool wind competed with the output from large speakers as a local music troupe doled out hot Hindi pop and movie numbers.(7) He informed the audience that they were the latest in a long line of students that have competed in the contest.(8) It was an overwhelming success with thousands of student bands competing for the coveted title.(9) Cullen says if the NRL schedules games correctly the teams would not be competing for crowds.(10) The youngsters were competing for the first time on snow against seasoned teams.(11) More people competing for a fixed amount of land within easy access to the big city centres must push up the price of that land.(12) There is a lot of preparation involved in competing in ploughing contests.(13) The war-generated industrial boom competed with the manpower needs of the armies.(14) Women's teams have been competing for the past five years or so in Australia.(15) Since Zhang had previously competed with a dash team in Shanghai, she was able to quickly adjust to the grueling exercise routine.(16) All of the girls on the team are my friends that I competed with when I was at home, so they were looking forward to seeing me.
(1) to compete :: ប្រកួតប្រជែង
(2) compete with :: ប្រកួតប្រជែងជាមួយ
(3) compete against :: ប្រកួតប្រជែងប្រឆាំង
(4) compete for :: ប្រកួតប្រជែងសម្រាប់ការ
(5) compete for a prize :: ប្រកួតប្រជែងសម្រាប់រង្វាន់
1. take part ::
2. contend with ::
3. rival ::
4. contend ::
compete, competed, competes, competing
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
No world they create for us
can COMPETE with the real one.
Westworld Season 2, Episode 10
You can't COMPETE with me
on an intellectual level...
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 6
I can't COMPETE with that, bye.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 23
in which they can't COMPETE with:
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
Maybe we could come up with a business plan
to COMPETE with this place.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 4
English to Khmer Dictionary: compete
Meaning and definitions of compete, translation in Khmer language for compete with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of compete in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "compete"
What compete means in Khmer, compete meaning in Khmer, compete definition, examples and pronunciation of compete in Khmer language.