Verb(1) perform an act, usually with a negative connotation(2) give entirely to a specific person, activity, or cause(3) cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution(4) confer a trust upon(5) make an investment(6) engage in or perform
(1) they were reluctant to commit themselves to an opinion(2) They will commit immoral acts for their organisations they might not consider committing for themselves.(3) once I commit I tend to get scared(4) Because he knows that this Government will not commit the resources that the police need.(5) try it out before you commit to a purchase(6) I happily commit this bill to the select committee.(7) The therapist and his supervisor decided to commit Poddar to hospital and called the police to help.(8) Those events led authorities to commit Wolfli to the Waldau Psychiatric Clinic near Bern in 1895, where he was diagnosed as schizophrenic and remained in residence until his death 35 years later.(9) she didn't love him enough to commit herself to him(10) Top leadership must desire the change enough to commit time, resources, and energy.(11) He said the city will commit resources towards eradicating these maladies.(12) I commit the bill to the select committee for consideration.(13) We must commit enough planning and resources to protect and enhance our access to, and use of, space.(14) he composed a letter but didn't commit it to paper(15) manufacturers will have to commit substantial funds to developing new engines(16) Peers have also been proven to have an effect on students who commit violent acts on school grounds.
(1) commit suicide :: ធ្វើអត្តឃាតខ្លួនឯង
(2) commit a crime :: ប្រព្រឹត្តបទល្មើស
(3) commit to :: ប្តេជ្ញា
(4) commit adultery :: ប្រព្រឹត្ដអំពើផិតក្បត់
(5) commit oneself :: ប្រព្រឹត្តខ្លួនឯង
(6) commit to memory :: ប្តេជ្ញាការចងចាំ
(7) commit a sin :: ប្រព្រឹត្តអំពើបាប
(8) commit an offense :: ប្រព្រឹត្តបទល្មើស
(9) commit to paper :: ប្តេជ្ញាក្រដាស
2. entrust ::
3. pledge ::
4. consign ::
5. hospitalize ::
6. give ::
7. institutionalize ::
8. trust ::
9. place ::
10. pull ::
11. practice ::
1. hold ::
2. keep ::
3. retain ::
commit, commitment, commitments, commits
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
You COMMIT treason
because your children are prisoners?
Game of Thrones Season 2, Episode 8
After he sentenced me to death
for a crime I didn't COMMIT.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 7
I asked her to COMMIT her house to my cause.
That's her response.
Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 2
You didn't COMMIT any crimes.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 6
Men at war COMMIT all kinds of crimes
without their superiors' knowledge.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 3
English to Khmer Dictionary: commit
Meaning and definitions of commit, translation in Khmer language for commit with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of commit in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "commit"
What commit means in Khmer, commit meaning in Khmer, commit definition, examples and pronunciation of commit in Khmer language.