Noun(1) a binary compound of carbon with a more electropositive element
(1) a carbide lamp(2) There was a narrow track from the road down to the farm and in the dark with only carbide lamps on the fire engine they went off the track and got stuck.(3) Now that was the new technology and they were just starting to use electric lights to project the magic lanterns instead of the carbide lamps.(4) The taste of fruit ripened using Ethyril gas in a ripening chamber is said to be much better than the fruit ripened with carbide .(5) tungsten carbide(6) By now our carbide lamps were providing only a pathetically small amount of illumination.(7) The store stocks candles, flashlights, carbide and hurricane lamps, solar-powered attic fans and much more.(8) Titanium can reduce carbon in austenite by forming very stable carbides .(9) Borides, carbides , oxides, and nonmetallic particles in the melt are scavenged and then concentrated in localized regions within the cast structure.(10) How stable the carbides are depends on how the element is partitioned between the cementite and the matrix.(11) While nickel and copper do not affect hardenability nearly as much, they segregate to graphite nodule sites and do not form detrimental carbides .(12) The structure is martensitic on cooling in air but the carbides can be precipitated and the steel softened by very slow cooling from 840Ôö¼ÔûæC.
(1) silicon carbide :: carbide ស៊ីលីកុន
(2) tungsten carbide :: carbide ស្តែន
(3) calcium carbide :: carbide ជាតិកាល់ស្យូម
(4) carbide alloy :: ទំហំ carbide
1. carbide ::
English to Khmer Dictionary: carbide
Meaning and definitions of carbide, translation in Khmer language for carbide with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of carbide in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "carbide"
What carbide means in Khmer, carbide meaning in Khmer, carbide definition, examples and pronunciation of carbide in Khmer language.