Verb(1) put into service; make work or employ for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose(2) be pertinent or relevant or applicable(3) ask (for something(4) apply to a surface(5) be applicable to; as to an analysis(6) give or convey physically(7) avail oneself to(8) ensure observance of laws and rules(9) refer (a word or name(10) apply oneself to
(1) Parliament intended that the authorisation of relevant acts was to apply to existing demonstrations.(2) The electorate can apply to cast their vote at elections and the Government is now considering options to expand the scheme.(3) She has contacted the Charity Commission to apply to be a registered charity.(4) The Government allowed immigrants who had applied for asylum before that date to apply for work.(5) In exceptional circumstances a child can instruct a solicitor to apply to the Court for the right to see their family, including their brothers or sisters.(6) Any volunteers who help gather signatures must be registered voters and must apply to volunteer.(7) to apply for a grant(8) you need to apply to the local authorities for a grant(9) The practitioner's feet are used to apply pressure along the recipient's back, arms and legs.(10) Clean both surfaces and apply a light coating of grease upon reassembly.(11) I decided not to apply to vote in the recent election.(12) the offer does not apply to unionized workers(13) Accelerated procedure is intended to apply to claims which are certified.(14) Due to the crackdown on money laundering, stringent rules now apply to banks when customers do business involving even small sums of money.(15) In that case the petitioning creditor had agreed to apply to withdraw the petition on terms that the debtor paid off the petition debt by instalments.(16) He said he had applied for an advertised post, failed to get the job but had then been contacted later on and invited to apply for a different post.
(1) apply for :: ដាក់ពាក្យសម្រាប់
(2) apply to :: អនុវត្តទៅ
(3) to apply :: ដើម្បីអនុវត្ត
(4) apply for a job :: ដាក់ពាក្យស្នើសុំការងារ
(5) does not apply :: មិនត្រូវបានអនុវត្ត
(6) apply on :: អនុវត្តលើ
(7) apply to customs :: អនុវត្តទៅគយ
(8) apply for a passport :: អនុវត្តសម្រាប់លិខិតឆ្លងដែន
(9) apply pressure :: ដាក់សម្ពាធ
(10) apply for a loan :: អនុវត្តសម្រាប់ប្រាក់កម្ចី
2. be relevant ::
4. exert ::
5. use ::
6. hold ::
7. enforce ::
8. lend oneself ::
9. give ::
applies, apply, applying
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Fighting League rules APPLY.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 12
If she doesn't think
that we should APPLY for this patent,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
- Hm. What's that piece of tape?
- That one doesn't APPLY to you. You sit.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 20
Think of Sheldon
when you APPLY it.
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 2
But how do we APPLY
The Big Bang Theory Season 11, Episode 12
English to Khmer Dictionary: apply
Meaning and definitions of apply, translation in Khmer language for apply with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of apply in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "apply"
What apply means in Khmer, apply meaning
in Khmer, apply definition, examples and pronunciation
of apply in Khmer language.