Adjective(1) eagerly desirous(2) causing or fraught with or showing anxiety
(1) Meanwhile, with the independent schools application results due out any day, parents face an anxious wait.(2) We repeat our thanks to counsel for their most helpful submissions in this very anxious case.(3) Parents began arriving at the school within an hour of the accident and many had an anxious wait to hear if their children were hurt.(4) Instead of getting ready for bed, she returned to the chair in which she had sat, anxious , waiting for her twin to wake up.(5) Universities themselves seem anxious to avoid misrepresentation in this area.(6) There was evidence that he was anxious to give up work because of concerns about his health.(7) You can't look up anymore, only down at the ground, anxious to avoid a similar encounter.(8) How many times, when you hear of an approaching storm, do you get worried or anxious ?(9) It's different in new company - I start to get anxious and worry what they are thinking.(10) Nevertheless, when he did play there was no keener performer on the field, nor one more anxious to do well for his side.(11) At that point, the government backed down, anxious to avoid further diplomatic damage.(12) It was unacceptable that anxious patients should wait for hours in crowded accident and emergency departments.(13) Grim-faced shepherds swing heavy cudgels, anxious to be clear of the road where horns blare impatiently.(14) Johnny appears disappointed to see him, but generally nervous and anxious as well.(15) The council is anxious to avoid British government interference in the project as it could delay it further.(16) They faced an anxious wait to find out whether any of the orchid had survived.
(1) anxious about :: ខ្វល់ខ្វាយ
(2) very anxious :: រំភើបចិត្តខ្លាំងណាស់
(3) be anxious :: ខ្វល់ខ្វាយ
(4) feel anxious :: មានអារម្មណ៍ថារំភើបចិត្ត
(5) to be anxious :: ដើម្បីជាការខ្វល់ខ្វាយ
(6) feel anxious about :: មានអារម្មណ៍អន្ទះសារអំពី
(7) be anxious for :: មានការខ្វល់ខ្វាយ
1. worried ::
2. eager ::
3. uneasy ::
4. dying ::
1. calm ::
2. collected ::
3. easy ::
4. relaxed ::
anxious, anxiously, anxiousness
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
There's a woman out there
ANXIOUS to have sex with me.
The Big Bang Theory Season 2, Episode 16
Why are you so ANXIOUS about it?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 4
...it makes them socially ANXIOUS.
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 24
Forgive me, then,
if I seem ANXIOUS
Vikings Season 1, Episode 8
Please. l'm very ANXIOUS
to find out what this
is all about.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 8
English to Khmer Dictionary: anxious
Meaning and definitions of anxious, translation in Khmer language for anxious with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of anxious in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "anxious"
What anxious means in Khmer, anxious meaning
in Khmer, anxious definition, examples and pronunciation
of anxious in Khmer language.