Adverb(1) (of actions or states, just
(1) Rachel laughed, almost apologetically(2) Some of the lads have come and gone, but we've got a hard core who almost always turn up.(3) They now have to spend almost as much time at the station as they do out on the streets.(4) the storm was almost upon them(5) To our west, the great sheet of ice that stretched before us was almost too much to take in.(6) it almost doubled last year(7) the place was almost empty(8) It was found almost one in five workers lost at least an hour at work a week because of delays.(9) I almost forgot(10) Add it all up and in almost every city in the UK it is now cheaper to rent than to buy.(11) it's almost over(12) There was almost a sense that if we did not say the word the problem would go away.(13) he almost knocked Georgina over(14) By the time my reply was ready to send back almost an hour had passed and it was midnight.(15) it was almost all there(16) he almost dropped the bottle
(1) almost never :: ស្ទើរតែមិនដែល
(2) almost done :: ជិតរួចរាល់ហើយ
(3) almost all :: ស្ទើរតែទាំងអស់
(4) almost everything :: ស្ទើរតែទាំងអស់
(5) almost finished :: បានបញ្ចប់ស្ទើរតែ
(6) almost everyone :: ស្ទើរតែគ្រប់គ្នា
(7) almost finish :: ស្ទើរតែបញ្ចប់
(8) almost dead :: ស្លាប់ស្ទើរតែ
(9) almost gone :: ស្ទើរតែបាត់
(10) almost time :: ពេលវេលាស្ទើរតែ
1. nearly ::
3. more or less ::
4. practically ::
5. virtually ::
6. all but ::
7. as good as ::
8. close to ::
9. near ::
10. not quite ::
11. roughly ::
12. not far from ::
15. bordering on ::
16. verging on ::
17. pretty near ::
18. pretty nearly ::
19. pretty much ::
20. pretty well ::
21. well-nigh ::
22. nigh on ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
It's ALMOST as if
it was a huge waste of time.
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 19
I'm ALMOST positive
I heard William Shatner.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 16
It ALMOST feels
as if you're about to arrive at the point.
Game of Thrones Season 3, Episode 4
He was knighted ALMOST immediately
after his master's untimely death.
Game of Thrones Season 1, Episode 4
Almost as much as
you Lannisters with your debts.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 2
English to Khmer Dictionary: almost
Meaning and definitions of almost, translation in Khmer language for almost with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken
pronunciation of almost in Khmer and in English
Tags for the entry "almost"
What almost means in Khmer, almost meaning
in Khmer, almost definition, examples and pronunciation
of almost in Khmer language.