Noun(1) chemical agent capable of activity(2) the voice used to indicate that the grammatical subject of the verb is performing the action or causing the happening denoted by the verb(3) a person who is a participating member of an organization
Adjective(1) tending to become more severe or wider in scope(2) engaged in or ready for military or naval operations(3) disposed to take action or effectuate change(4) taking part in an activity(5) characterized by energetic activity(6) exerting influence or producing a change or effect(7) full of activity or engaged in continuous activity(8) in operation(9) (of the sun(10) (11) (used of verbs (e.g. `to run', e.g. `running' in `running water'(12) (of e.g. volcanos(13) engaged in full-time work
(1) Generally, Quokkas sleep during the day, but they are very active at night.(2) Deception Island is a historically active volcano with the last eruptions about 30 years ago.(3) He has an active social life, and snowboards and plays representation level soccer.(4) Whilst it has long been thought that eels are scavengers, we now know that in many fisheries eels are active hunters, feeding upon live prey.(5) But several hunts organized by the city government over the past months turned up empty-handed, apparently since cold-blooded reptiles are not very active during the chillier months.(6) I get quite depressed in the winter if I don't stay very physically active .(7) Dad was always interested and active in church work.(8) Cosmetic lotions and potions don't contain enough of the active ingredient they boast to have any noticeable effect.(9) The project required the students to become active participants in the course.(10) to keep the brain active(11) Keeping busy and leading an active life are all part of the big picture for Mrs Morris.(12) His brother, Geer van Velde (1898 - 1977), was also a painter and likewise active mainly in France.(13) The children of this class who are now in their early twenties remember little or nothing of Soviet privation and are active on the nightlife social scene.(14) The Jobs Club has been very active and busy since it got up and running at the beginning of the year.(15) An active bypass circuit for use with a battery pack having a plurality of cells and method of operation thereof.(16) Tracy has turned the passive into the active ; she is a thrill seeker.
(1) active voice :: សំឡេងសកម្ម
(2) be active :: សកម្ម
(3) active ingredients :: គ្រឿងផ្សំសកម្ម
(4) active duty :: កាតព្វកិច្ចសកម្ម
(5) active dry yeast :: ផ្សិតស្ងួតសកម្ម
(6) active volcano :: ភ្នំភ្លើងសកម្ម
(7) active listening :: ស្តាប់សកម្ម
(8) active learning :: ការរៀនសូត្រសកម្ម
(9) active cell :: ក្រឡាសកម្ម
(10) sexually active :: សកម្មផ្លូវភេទ
1. energetic ::
2. hard-working ::
3. operative ::
4. dynamic ::
6. fighting ::
7. alive ::
8. active voice ::
1. broken ::
2. dead ::
3. inactive ::
4. inoperative ::
active, actively, activeness, actives, nonactive, nonactives, proactive
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
I'd get off the computer,
be more physically ACTIVE.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 19
...because of his ACTIVE social life.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
I say ACTIVE galactic nuclei
at cosmological distances
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
What does that mean, "ACTIVE social life"?
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 22
The infection no longer
appears to be ACTIVE.
Game of Thrones Season 7, Episode 3
English to Khmer Dictionary: active
Meaning and definitions of active, translation in Khmer language for active with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of active in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "active"
What active means in Khmer, active meaning in Khmer, active definition, examples and pronunciation of active in Khmer language.