Noun(1) an educator who works at a college or university
Adjective(1) associated with academia or an academy(2) hypothetical or theoretical and not expected to produce an immediate or practical result(3) marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects
(1) The question is of more than academic interest for players, officials and the WRU itself.(2) In eastern Europe there is an ironic return to pandering after western Europe, as Classicism once affected the formal precepts of French academic style.(3) This gives a total of around 113 identifiable anthropologists working in Australian academic environments.(4) I mean, I've got a few labs and some plans, but it's purely an academic interest for me.(5) A second factor was the development of scientific and technical education to confer coveted academic qualifications on the captains of industry.(6) she's very academic(7) Universities have been encouraged to provide more practical training and decrease the emphasis on academic study.(8) It's an academic course and there's lots of reading and writing.(9) Between 1940 and '42 he studied fine and commercial art, from academic nudes to lettering.(10) The dauntingly solid volumes also offer the reader an anthology of short extracts, specific illustrations of usage and enough etymological information to satisfy the more academic reader.(11) When I went back and read what is being proposed, some of the language suggests that the plan is to fund early drug discovery and development in an academic environment.(12) The outcome of a game where there is no personal investment is usually of academic interest.(13) Student farm managers report that academic integration - linking farm work directly to academic courses - can also be a challenge.(14) I chose to interview eleven Vietnamese refugee youths who received scholarships for their academic achievement.(15) My academic parents gave me ├ö├ç├┐The Times├ö├ç├û to read at 4.(16) Unlike most current academic thinkers, they believe the market is neither unpredictable nor random, that patterns lie buried in the mass of data that daily gushes forth.
(1) academic year :: ឆ្នាំសិក្សា
(2) academic background :: ប្រវត្តិនៃការសិក្សា
(3) academic degree :: សញ្ញាបត្រសិក្សា
(4) academic title :: ចំណងជើងសិក្សា
(5) academic record :: កំណត់ត្រាការសិក្សា
(6) academic qualifications :: លក្ខណៈសម្បត្តិនៃការសិក្សា
(7) academic qualification :: គុណវុឌ្ឍិសិក្សា
(8) academic credit :: ឥណទានសិក្សា
(9) academic discipline :: វិន័យសិក្សា
(10) academic work :: ការងារសិក្សា
2. scholarly ::
3. theoretical ::
4. donnish ::
5. scholar ::
6. academician ::
academic, academical, academics, nonacademic
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
where we invite as many
ACADEMIC luminaries as we can,
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 18
You think you've poked fun
at a milquetoast ACADEMIC.
The Big Bang Theory Season 5, Episode 7
both ACADEMIC and personal.
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 13
But he's a mediocre ACADEMIC.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 1
I'm well versed in ACADEMIC politics,
and as a respected scientist...
The Big Bang Theory Season 6, Episode 20
English to Khmer Dictionary: academic
Meaning and definitions of academic, translation in Khmer language for academic with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of academic in Khmer and in English language.
Tags for the entry "academic"
What academic means in Khmer, academic meaning in Khmer, academic definition, examples and pronunciation of academic in Khmer language.